Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica…

The Secret of Ella and Micha

by Jessica Sorensen

English (26)  Czech (1)  All languages (27)
3.5 stars.
I enjoyed reading it, but it didn't pull me all the way into the story. it took me a little while to get in to it, but I did enjoy it for the most part. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
I was luck enough to previously be able to review a book by Sheila Roberts. I ended up really enjoying it, so I was so excited to get the chance to review the start of a new series. I immediately jumped in to Moon Light Harbor.

I love Jessica Sorenson. I have had this series on my shelves forever, but I have been hesitant to start it. I am not really sure why, as I know I have enjoyed everything I pick up from the author. I decided I had to at least start the first book and then I would decide if I wanted to binge read the rest of the series.

This was good. It did not blow me away like some of her previous work I read. It was pretty predictable at times. I also wanted to the emotional parts to pull more at my heart strings than this did. Overall, it was still a solid read. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Mar 28, 2018 |
I am not sure.... I liked this book. I most definitely will read the next one. Maybe I have read too many of these love stories to fully appreciate them. This just didn't hit me like others have in the past. I get that both of them have had a rough road in life, but I just couldn't feel their emotions. It really is good, just isn't what I was expecting being I have really really enjoyed Jessica's books in the past. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
3.5 Stars. ( )
  mhelissa26 | Mar 8, 2017 |
I really love this book, it was a sweet and spicy read. It took me just over seven hours to read it; it was so good I couldn't put it down. The Secret of Ella and Micha is about two childhood best friends and next door neighbors journey to finding hope and each other. They both have a lot of baggage stemming from their not so perfect families.

Ella runs away and does a complete 360 on her personality in hopes of controlling her destiny of not becoming her mother. Ella believes that she is destined to be like her mother and thinks that if she is good then bad things won't happen to her. Even though she knows she can't control everything she stills tries her hardest to. She stops living life and became someone her family and friends don't recognize.

I love Micha's character, (swoon) he internally deals with his father walking out on him and his mother when he was six. He is head over heels in love with Ella and pines for her when she disappears without a goodbye.

When Ella returns home for summer vacation she tries to deny her feelings for Micha a continues to push him away, she doesn't want to lose her best friend but most of all she's afraid. Micha has girls throwing themselves at him but he doesn't understand why the one girl he want's keeps pushing him away. It was fun to see how Micha found his way through the barriers that Ella put up to keep him away.

The writing was perfect, I would say the characters in this book are probably between the age of 18-20 so the dialogue was very appropriate and real. The content is definitely more geared toward older teenagers. The story flowed very well between Ella and Micha's point of views. I really love this book, the characters weren't perfect but their flaws helped to weave a meaningful story. Very well fleshed out characters for sure.

ItsBookishMe | Oct 22, 2016 |
I wonder if I can fly?

Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever. Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury since then might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella's skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he is determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.… (more)

Jessica Sorensen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,484,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible