The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) by…

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) (edition 2012)

by Rachel Morgan

Member:Cathy_Keaton
Title:The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
Authors:Rachel Morgan
Info:
Collections:Read, Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan

Wow!! Another free book that I loved!! I didn't want to put the book down. I love it when a book captures my interest from the beginning.

In this book we have Violet who is a Faerie Guardian Trainee who accidentally brings a human into Creepy Hollow after doing her assignment. The human, Nate is not supposed to be able to see past the glamour but for some reason he is able to. He also survived the faerie paths.

Ryn is also another Faerie Guardian Trainee and has a history with Violet and a bit of a rival to be the top in their class. I loved all the characters. Even when they were being mean to each other.

Ryn and Violet put their history behind to search for Ryn's half sister after she is kidnapped. Violet doesn't know why Calla was kidnapped but when she finds out where she is being kept Violet finally finds out that Calla has some unique powers just like Violet does. Violet is able to find people just by touching something that belongs to them.

Now I can't wait to read the next book in the series to see what happens. ( )
  crazy4reading | Jun 4, 2017 |
This is the first book I have read by Rachel Morgan and it was a good read. I would classify it definitely has young adult. It is the story of Vi and Ren Faerie Guardians as well as Nat who is from the human world. Faerie Guardians spend their lives protecting those that need to be protected from evil. Vi and Ren are in their last years of training. Nat was one of Vi's assignments.

It was supposed to be a simple assignment but never say simple - things got way out of hand and thus began a path that had lots of twists and turns and evil always lurking in the background.

I found the characters to be real with cockiness, faults, and intelligence. The story takes place for the most part in the faerie world and the world is described in wonderful detail by Ms. Morgan. The reader can visualize everything that is happening.

I am looking forward to reading the next book, The Faerie Prince> ( )
  Diane_K | Jan 13, 2017 |
Completed July 2016 ( )
  ERose207 | Aug 4, 2016 |
I got this book to read on audiobook. The audiobook was decently done but not wonderful. The main heroine has a very chirpy voice which doesn’t match her character all that well. Additionally a lot of the male voices sounded similar (particularly Nate and Ryn).

I really didn’t like the beginning of this book. The story was just too simple and too silly; the beginning is all about Nate following Vi into faerie and getting her into trouble and the chaos that follows when she tries to get him back home. I thought Nate was incredibly unlikable; he came across as selfish and chauvinistic and I truly did not understand what a strong girl like Vi saw in him. I almost stopped listening to this a couple hours in because I just could not stand Nate.

The book got a lot better in the second half when Vi starts to unravel the mystery around Nate’s mom and the strange eye tattoo Nate ends up with. Here we get introduced to a lot more of the politics in Faerie and the story gets tons more interesting. Also Nate gets a lot less page space and Ryn gets a lot more (I loved Ryn).

I absolutely loved Ryn’s character and really loved the dynamic him and Vi had going on. Ryn comes off as a jerk early on, but as you learn the complicated history between him and Vi things get more and more interesting.

In the second half of the book there is a also a lot more discussion about powerful magic items and a plot to collect them and this was very engaging.

The action scenes are well done and I enjoyed most of the characters (except for Nate). In the end this ended up being a decent book despite the rough start.

Overall an okay read that has a lot of fae magic, romance, and action. I would recommend to those who enjoy paranormal YA reads. The book started rough but got better towards the end. I am unsure if I will continue with the series or not; I’ll have to think about it a bit. ( )
  krau0098 | May 11, 2016 |
Fantastic

I was expecting mediocre juvenile fiction and quickly realized how wrong I was. The characters are very relatable and their world is rich and detailed. It is easy to lose oneself in their adventures. I will certainly be reading the next book in the series. ( )
  Mozzie | Dec 19, 2015 |
Rachel Allyson Stone and Rachel Morgan have both written books with this title.

This novel was originally published in four separate parts: Guardian, Labyrinth, Traitor and Masquerade. It includes bonus scenes at the end that were not published in the individual parts.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,161,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible