Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski

Order of the Dimensions (edition 2012)

by Irene Helenowski

Member:briannaleereviews
Title:Order of the Dimensions
Authors:Irene Helenowski
Info:lulu.com (2012), Paperback, 318 pages

Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski

2012 (1) own (1) to-read (2) to-review (2)

Jane is a university student involved in the development of the Multiverser, a machine capable of sending objects or people to parallel universes. When she demonstrates the device to Dr. Anton Zelov, little does she know that the dark Russian plans to use it to achieve world domination, and Jane has no choice but to travel to different dimensions to try to stop him.

First, I should say that I am not a big science-fiction fan, and this might have contributed to the fact that I didn’t really enjoy this book. Unfortunately, the only positive comment I have about Order of the Dimensions is that it has an original concept. I found the story sometimes confusing, especially with all the jumping to other dimensions. I also felt that the narrative was too rushed. In fact, it could have used more details and descriptions, particularly for the action scenes. In addition, many inconsistencies appeared throughout the book. One in particular bothered me: how come Jane never encounters herself in the other dimensions, except for once? Furthermore, there were a lot of spelling and formatting errors (for example, there was no chapter 17 but two chapters 18). Finally, repetitions of several words, most notably “henchmen”, distracted the reader from the story. While Order of the Dimensions had a lot of potential, it unfortunately missed the mark.

Order of the Dimensions was sent to me for free in exchange for an honest review.

To read the full review, please go to my blog (Cecile Sune - Book Obsessed). ( )
  cecile.sune | Jan 23, 2015 |
As I was reading this work, I kept thinking how visual it was, the plot, the character development, the good vs. evil, and the concept of the Multiverser invention that permits time travel. I was thinking of younger readers and how much they might enjoy this story as a graphic novel or an animated cartoon. It is not that much of a reach to let one's imagination run with this story. I hope this is not a put-down for Ms. Helenowski, but I could really see a publisher or television media type do something bigger with this. One of the studios could turn this into an animated script. I think it's worth the read and needs to be elevated to another "dimension.'' My thanks to the author for a complimentary copy in exchange for a review. ( )
  musichick52 | Mar 22, 2014 |
I wasn't able to finish this book, so I won't rate it, but I wanted to comment as to why. The dialogue seemed exceedingly stiff to me. I'm in a research lab and no one actually calls each other Dr. Sure that can vary, but colleagues who work closely together are unlikely to be so formal. There was also an unnatural element to the dialogue. It frequently felt like the characters were saying things just so the reader could be clued in since the other character would likely already know or not care. I also felt the beginning was a bit slow and overly descriptive. A machine being able to teleport objects should be gripping and awesome, but I felt absolutely nothing. The premise is a good idea, but I think some more editing would be beneficial for this one.
  anyaejo | Sep 23, 2013 |
Exciting, multifaceted sci-fi thriller.

When I started reading this book, I was fascinated into how it would develop, it didn’t take me long to discover the answer – very quickly!

When Jane and her team of graduate students work with their professor on a box, which can transport people into different dimensions someone has to try it. Jane decides to and makes a terrible discovery; very soon, she and her friends are desperately struggling to save the world.

This is a very fast-paced sci-fi thriller, with the characters having totally different lives in the other dimensions. A multifaceted story containing spies, a love story, many twists and turns and a cliffhanger at the end, I would recommend this to young adult and adults who enjoy reading futuristic sci-fi books. ( )
  Susan-Keefe | Apr 23, 2013 |
The writing was mainly fast paced and easy to follow, however at some parts the novel lagged on. The way that the author describes the different dimensions was interesting and easy to understand, which is not always the case with scientific based novels and innovative ideas. The way that the characters’ lives were totally different in each dimension kind of reminded me of a play off of the TV show Fringe.

I understood Jane as a character and was able to relate to her feelings and that desire for something better and different.

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  wolfangel87 | Feb 27, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,416,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible