Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski

Order of the Dimensions (edition 2012)

by Irene Helenowski

Member:briannaleereviews
Title:Order of the Dimensions
Authors:Irene Helenowski
Info:

Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski

2012 (1) own (1) to-read (2) to-review (2)

As I was reading this work, I kept thinking how visual it was, the plot, the character development, the good vs. evil, and the concept of the Multiverser invention that permits time travel. I was thinking of younger readers and how much they might enjoy this story as a graphic novel or an animated cartoon. It is not that much of a reach to let one's imagination run with this story. I hope this is not a put-down for Ms. Helenowski, but I could really see a publisher or television media type do something bigger with this. One of the studios could turn this into an animated script. I think it's worth the read and needs to be elevated to another "dimension.'' My thanks to the author for a complimentary copy in exchange for a review. ( )
  musichick52 | Mar 22, 2014 |
I wasn't able to finish this book, so I won't rate it, but I wanted to comment as to why. The dialogue seemed exceedingly stiff to me. I'm in a research lab and no one actually calls each other Dr. Sure that can vary, but colleagues who work closely together are unlikely to be so formal. There was also an unnatural element to the dialogue. It frequently felt like the characters were saying things just so the reader could be clued in since the other character would likely already know or not care. I also felt the beginning was a bit slow and overly descriptive. A machine being able to teleport objects should be gripping and awesome, but I felt absolutely nothing. The premise is a good idea, but I think some more editing would be beneficial for this one.
  anyaejo | Sep 23, 2013 |
Exciting, multifaceted sci-fi thriller.

When I started reading this book, I was fascinated into how it would develop, it didn’t take me long to discover the answer – very quickly!

When Jane and her team of graduate students work with their professor on a box, which can transport people into different dimensions someone has to try it. Jane decides to and makes a terrible discovery; very soon, she and her friends are desperately struggling to save the world.

This is a very fast-paced sci-fi thriller, with the characters having totally different lives in the other dimensions. A multifaceted story containing spies, a love story, many twists and turns and a cliffhanger at the end, I would recommend this to young adult and adults who enjoy reading futuristic sci-fi books. ( )
  Susan-Keefe | Apr 23, 2013 |
The writing was mainly fast paced and easy to follow, however at some parts the novel lagged on. The way that the author describes the different dimensions was interesting and easy to understand, which is not always the case with scientific based novels and innovative ideas. The way that the characters’ lives were totally different in each dimension kind of reminded me of a play off of the TV show Fringe.

I understood Jane as a character and was able to relate to her feelings and that desire for something better and different.

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  wolfangel87 | Feb 27, 2013 |
I'm usually pretty picky about what I read. I have a hard time straying from my usual genres and authors. But (usually) when I do, I end up finding something pretty spectacular. That's what happened with Order of the Dimensions.

I'm a bit of a nerd, so I tend to watch the history channel a lot. I watched this show where they talked about the possibility of there being multiple universes out there, and in each one you were fulfilling all the possibilities and going down all the different paths in life. For example, there might be a universe where I was never born, or one where I'm a boy, or one where my parents died when I was young, and so on. Ever since then, I've been fascinated by that possibility. Order of the Dimensions satisfied my mild obsession with the idea of multiple dimensions.

This story is pretty fast-paced and full of suspense. I didn't put this book down until I was finished reading. You're constantly wondering who's going to come out on top, who's going to get their hands on the Multiverser (a black box that allows for travel between the dimensions). This is one of those books that keeps you on edge because you can't really predict what's going to happen next.

As for characters, I really like Jane. She's easy to empathize with, and you can't not want to be on her side. I was cheering her on the whole time, and I definitely would've had her back if I'd been in there fighting against Anton Zelov and his Order. Anton is such a sinister man! There's no magic in this book - it's all science and inventions. Anton isn't casting spells or using dark forces. He is just an evil man with a dark heart, and sometimes that can be the scariest thing of all.

Order of the Dimensions was a fantastic read. It lost a star because there were times when I felt a little lost, like I needed more information than what was provided. There were also some typos, but I probably only noticed those because I'm super picky about spelling and grammar (that's what being an English major has done to me). Overall, this was a wonderful, thrilling story. I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys sci-fi, or to those looking to start reading books in that genre. ( )
  AriHeartsBooks | Feb 25, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,409,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible