Option to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series)…

Option to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series) (edition 2012)

by Andrew Peterson

Title:Option to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series)
Authors:Andrew Peterson
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2012), Paperback, 344 pages
Collections:Amazon Prime, Read, Your library

Option to Kill by Andrew Peterson

As in the previous book in this series, the author should have skipped the epilogue... it was a political/moral lecture tacked on to the end of an over-the-top action novel. I like the over-the-top action, I don't like political/moral lecturing.

The best part about this novel is that the author managed to separate the storyline from the others in the genre (and the others in the series) by choosing a secondary character that stands out in violent-action novels. This didn't change the action or violence level, but it did make the storyline distinguishable - in the future I can look back and say, oh yeah, that's the one with the girl in it. Though... I don't understand the title... but I don't think that really matters.

There's no mystery here - just linear plotting, good guy kicks butt, bad guy dies. I'd skip the epilogue to avoid getting lectured, but, other than that, it's a solid 3/5 action novel, and I would read more in the series because I like the constant forward-momentum and butt-kicking. ( )
  crazybatcow | Oct 11, 2015 |

The ex-CIA agent Nathan McBride doesn't give out his phone number and never reveals his operative name. So how does a twelve-year-old girl whom he's never met know both? The girl's name is Lauren, and after she's been kidnapped, she sends a text for help to Nathan's cell phone. Nathan rescues her, but with the kidnappers hell-bent on reclaiming their prize, the ordeal has only just begun. As he tries to stay one step ahead of their pursuers.… (more)

17 wanted1 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible