A Deeper Love Inside by Sister Souljah

A Deeper Love Inside (edition 2013)

by Sister Souljah

Member:pinkcrayon99
Title:A Deeper Love Inside
Authors:Sister Souljah
Info:Atria/Emily Bestler Books (2013), Kindle Edition, 432 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Favorites, library book

A Deeper Love Inside: The Porsche Santiaga Story by Sister Souljah

By: Sister Souljah
Published By: Atria/EmilyBestler Books
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For GMTA
Rating: 4
Review:

"A Deeper Love Inside: The Porsche Santiaga Story" by Sister Souljah was a story of Porsche as she grows from ten to seventeen years old. She is followed from juvenile prison, an 'Indian Reservations' and then back to where her life began in Brooklyn. You find from the read that she was abandon as a child and never really knew real love and as she grew older she did become a ferocious business woman and as she heals in a 'facing your demons kind of way.' "Due to the lack of love she has retreated within her own mind to try and "make up" someone to love her. As she attempts to reconnect with her family and tries to save her mother, she was defeated time and time again." This story also had a kind of love story. Due to the lack of love she has retreated within her own mind to try and "make up" someone to love her. As she attempts to reconnect with her family and tries to save her mother, she is defeated time and time again. In this read this I could see some appearances from 'The Coldest Winter Ever and Midnight but I found that this story was of Porsche Santiaga and you will find from the read that this was some read. All of these characters were all intriguing and very somewhat very complexed. Now, this is the time that I say you must pick up this read this read to see how it will turn out from this read. If you are a Sister Souljah follower you will probably like this particular story of Porsche and I would recommend to you as a good read. ( )
  arlenadean | May 9, 2013 |
Porsche Santiaga is the invisible middle sister of the Santiaga family.

If you read The Coldest Winter Ever you anticipated the sequel from the moment you finished it. A Deeper Love Inside will not calm your anxiety because it is Porsche Santiaga's story not Winter's. Souljah briefly includes Winter and she is as cold as ever. Midnight makes an appearance and is as smooth as ever. Souljah shows us that Porsche's story is just as or more enthralling than Winter's. Even though Porsche may have been invisible to her family, Sister Souljah makes the reader take notice of her.

We read as Porsche grows from a 10 year old to a 17 year old. We follow her from a juvenile prison, to an Indian Reservation, back to Brooklyn where her life began. Every moment is an adventure. The obstacles she faces are quite challenging for her age but I won't say that the same aren't happening to children much younger. What is a bit far fetched is how Porsche copes and maneuvers around these obstacles and challenges of life. She is a child that has been abandoned and has never known true love. Due to the lack of love she has retreated within her own mind to try and "make up" someone to love her. As she attempts to reconnect with her family and tries to save her mother, she is defeated time and time again. Even though she is literally living underground, one day she bumps into her sun.

I enjoyed how Souljah allowed Porsche to live her life leaving out some chunks only to fill in the blanks later in the narrative. This story is solid and full circle. Porsche is a deeply troubled young woman. She is a ferocious business woman (or should I say business "child"). Over time she heals not in a fairytale way but in a "facing your demons head on" kind of way. In all honesty, there is a mental health issue that Porsche has that Souljah never deals with directly. Porsche's mental health/personality disorder was extremely confusing for me at times during the course of the story. In all this, there is a also beautiful love story blossoming. The "Love Jones" type of love story. The characters are complex and intriguing. There are some that will have you transfixed. Initially, I felt as if I was mislead about this being the actual sequel to The Coldest Winter Ever but in the end I am happy Sister Souljah decided to tell Porsche Santiaga's story. ( )
  pinkcrayon99 | Feb 27, 2013 |
Not every bitch is a queen.  Most chicks are regular.  Most of them know it and accept it, as long as nobody points it out.  A queen is authentic, not because she says so, just because she is.  A queen doesn't have to say nothing.  Everybody can see it, and feel it too.

The stunning sequel to The Coldest Winter Ever. Sharp-tongued, quick-witted Porsche worships her sister Winter. Cut from the same cloth as her father, Ricky Santiaga, Porsche is also a natural-born hustler. Passionate and loyal to the extreme, she refuses to accept her new life in group homes, foster care, and juvenile detention after her family is torn apart. Unselfish, she pushes to get back everything that ever belonged to her wealthy, loving family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,922,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible