Scrolls of Darkness by Paul Johnson

Scrolls of Darkness (edition 2012)

by Paul Johnson

Rating:*****
Tags:horror, 2010-2029, author sent to me for review, 96-100

Scrolls of Darkness by Paul Johnson

Recently added bymoonshineandrosefire

Corporate attorney Brent Michaels has a good life in Century City - he's successful, good-looking, and well-respected. But he is also getting a little bored with the same old routine, and after a recent breakup, his personal life is in transition. Little does he know how drastically his life will change when he receives a letter from David Baumann, an old friend and former colleague of Brent's deceased - and estranged - father, who had been engaged in a mysterious and urgent archaeological search at the time of his death. From David, Brent learns about the Scrolls of Darkness - ancient satanic scripts written many millenniums ago, and now sought by the Sons of Darkness, an organization controlled by Evil itself.

Along with the beautiful Melauni Sherwood, an archaeologist familiar with the area where the scrolls are hidden, Brent is drawn into a deadly game that takes him from the streets of Paris to the beaches of New Zealand and Rio de Janeiro, and finally to the desert of the Middle East, where Brent and his companions will have a final showdown to determine who will get the ancient texts.

Mareena told me about this book and I was totally intrigued by the plot as she read it to me. When the book arrived in the mail, I was unable to start reading right away, but am so happy that I was able to read it in the rather short period of time that I did. I have to say that I probably wouldn't have chosen to read Scrolls of Darkness by Paul Henry Johnson for myself. Usually, I don't enjoy reading books that seem to be of the espionage-thriller type genre (as I had falsely assumed that this book fell into that genre), but Mareena chose well - as she usually does! :)

I really enjoyed Scrolls of Darkness by Paul Henry Johnson. It was a totally gripping plot and I was drawn into the book right from the first page. I believe that this book is the first in a series, and I am incredibly interested to find out where the story will go in future books. I give Scrolls of Darkness by Paul Henry Johnson an A+! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Nov 3, 2012 |
Brent Michaels stared at the handwritten one-page letter on his desk.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,307,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible