Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) by Abbi Glines

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) (edition 2012)

by Abbi Glines

2001288,179 (3.93)3
Member:Kellylynn22
Title:Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
Authors:Abbi Glines
Info:Simon & Schuster, Kindle Edition, 304 pages
Rating:*****

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) by Abbi Glines

**SPOILERS** **SPOILERS**

Amanda and Preston's story is my favorite so far. I'll admit, I didn't care much for Preston in the previous stories. He was arrogant, annoying and disrespectful. While in "Just for Now" he continued to displayed some of the same characteristics we learn what made him this way. There is so much more to him. Preston grew up in an unstable environment with a mother who cared more about drinking than him. Preston made it out and is working hard to keep his baseball scholarship and keeping his grades up all while taking care of his mother's bills and three younger siblings. Preston cannot afford to loose his scholarship and finding work that is flexible with his courses and baseball training is very difficult. The struggle wouldn't be so much of a big deal and he will get by if it wasn't for the fact that Preston's three younger siblings relied on him to keep a rough over their heads and food in their mouths. Desperate to make sure that his siblings don't go without, Preston uses his looks and playboy reputation to sleep with older, rich women for money. Yes, Preston is a gigolo. At first, the job didn't bother him as much. Once Preston fell in love with Amanda, his best friend's sister, everything changed. How can Preston be worthy of Amanda's love when he is hiding such a huge secret from her?

I also enjoyed this book because of Amanda. Amanda Hardy is the younger sister of Marcus Hardy. We first met both characters in Breathe. Amanda was young and vulnerable. She always looked to Marcus to take care of her and pick up the pieces when everything in their world was falling apart. In Just for Now, Amanda's character developed. Amanda had had a crush on Preston since she was 16. However, Amanda knew that she wasn't his type. Preston was a magnet for "model type" females with large breasts. Amanda had her natural beauty and curves which she didn't feel was enough. She didn't realize her own beauty and appeal. She tried hard seducing Preston until one night he gave in. Preston was beyond drunk and for a while didn't remember if what happened between he and Amanda was real or a dream. The attraction and love between Preston and Amanda was one that they couldn't deny. Amanda saw Preston for who he really was. In this book Amanda displayed strength and determination.

I really enjoyed this story.

Silent_Whispers | Mar 30, 2018 |
So very very sleepy, hope i'm not about to write gibberish, read this straight through nonstop.

I'm very anal about reading from Book one and up in a series, never thought I would read a book out of order. But I came across an excerpt of Just For Now from the Sea Breeze series at the back of another book and what I read made me immediately wanted to read this wonderful story. And I mean immediately, I went ahead and purchased the book and read it immediately(too), I love Preston's and Amanda's love story. Preston will always have a special place in my heart as one of the best good bad guys. (Hope that makes sense). He has the bad boy image down packed but he has a heart of gold. Manda wanted Preston and she will do whatever it takes to get her guy. Preston also wants Manda, but he thinks she's too good for him and he's no good for her. I enjoyed following Preston and Amanda's journey to finding each other and making it work. I was glad I got to read both Amanda's and Preston's POV's, it gave me a better understanding of both. And now I want to read the other books in the series after seeing the background characters through Preston's and Amanda's eyes. This time I think I will go back to starting from book one though. Hard habit to break. Abbi Glines has done it again with her wonderful storytelling.
  ItsBookishMe | Oct 22, 2016 |
I thought this was fantastic! We always knew Preston was a man whore but now we find out why! Great story and I highly recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
All I have to say about this right now while I gather my thoughts is OMG, WOW and i read this in one night. I was up till 445am and had to be to work at 7 needless to say I got zero sleep but it was well worth it.. I will do a real review after I have caught up on my sleep ( )
  Hbeck | Aug 19, 2014 |
  Hbeck | Aug 19, 2014 |

Devastated by a failed attempt to win the affections of bad-boy crush Preston, Amanda is astonished by Preston's subsequent attentions and finds the relationship challenged by her disapproving older brother and Preston's wary friends.

Abbi Glines is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,502,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible