Attack on Titan, Volume 8: Blood On His…

Attack on Titan, Volume 8: Blood On His Hands

by Hajime Isayama, Hajime Isayama

We've cornered the female titan! But she's not going down without a fight! And this time...we're inside the walls! ( )
  Rhydion | Oct 31, 2017 |
This is the eighth volume in the Attack on Titan series; volume 21 is set to release in Dec 2016. This was a wonderful continuation of the Attack on Titan series.

In this volume we find out the identity of the female titan and also find out something rather eerie about the inner walls that have been protecting humanity. This was an awesome installment with a lot of revelations and some more mysteries, I really enjoyed it!

I continue to like the illustration style and the story. The characters are well done and the story is never hard to follow. There is a nice key at the beginning of the book that shows the cast of characters.

Overall I liked this much better than the last two books in this series. I love some of the answers that were revealed and the new mysteries that were presented. I would recommend to those who enjoy action-packed manga with a post-apocalyptic theme to it. ( )
  krau0098 | Sep 29, 2016 |
This is a review for the first 14 volumes, because I read them all at once, in about three days. For the most part, each volume is like one chapter of this story, so it works.

I really do like Attack on Titan - I started with watching the Anime, and finding out Season 2 won't come until 2016 - I realized I need more story, there is just too much odd stuff with this series, and totally heartbreakingly scary. Death is not sugarcoated. And people here die in horrible ways, usually by getting eaten by a Titan. The story is tight - the graphics are top-notch. Highly recommended if you are looking for something that is different, but grabs you, emotionally.

The characters are well written, even the ones that are written as a comic relief (Sasha and her appetite for example). These are all emotionally developed characters, who grow from the begining of the series as fighting titans takes it toll (along with learning about corruptness of some humanity). These are not people who want to fight. These are people who do what it takes to survive and protect humanity.

I think I like the anime better, but it might be because the color and sound adds a lot to the horror that is a titan. The plot between the two versions are almost the same, except for vary minor changes. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jan 31, 2015 |
This volume consists of chapters 31-34. Halfway through this volume is where the anime ends, so the second half of the volume was a surprise for me. A big surprise. I was so used to knowing what was going to happen that I forgot how shocking the twists in this series are. Seriously, it’s one thing after another, and this one might take the cake. It certainly keeps you reading. I also started to see some changes from the manga to the anime and I think I like the events in the manga better. I am really looking forward to seeing what comes next in this series. ( )
  Kassilem | Oct 10, 2014 |
Attack on Titan is a massive black hole none can escape once it has you. Once you start, you simply read, read, read, and finally are forced to wait for the author to put out more, incredibly content. This is definitely worth reading from start to finish, and I'm calling it "The Walking Dead" of the Anime/Manga world. If you are at all interested in manga or graphic novels, this one is a must read! ( )
  WiseYoungFools | Mar 17, 2014 |

Hajime Isayamaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Isayama, Hajimemain authorall editionsconfirmed

"The expedition outside the wall was Eren's chance to prove himself. But it failed, and the female Titan is free once more! With his squad dead, Eren faces a royal summons. Will Mikasa and Armin have to betray their king to save their friend? And can they discover the female Titan's identity before she kills again?"… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,745,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible