Release Me: A Novel by J. Kenner

Release Me: A Novel (original 2012; edition 2013)

by J. Kenner

Series: Stark (1)

Member:AngiePangie
Title:Release Me: A Novel
Authors:J. Kenner
Info:Bantam (2013), Paperback, 352 pages

Release Me by J. Kenner (2012)

English (67)  Spanish (1)  All languages (68)
This wasn't terrible or amazing. I was constantly distracted though by the names Stark and I swear they mentioned a Rhodes. Basically it became a weird iron man fanfic for me minus the sweet suit. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
The book is steamy to say the least

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
Definitely a Fifty Shades/Crossfire type book, and while I liked it, I didn't LOVE it. Just feels like something is missing. Can't put my finger on it. I found myself skipping pages at a time because parts were dull. I will read the next two though, as I'm curious what happens and I didn't hate the characters. ( )
  onebeanshy | Jun 20, 2018 |
I'm actually surprised how good/entertaining I found this novel ... and, ironically enough, by the end of it I was actually sick of all the sex LOL! I really felt for Nikki, as she learned to trust herself and give herself, all of herself, to Damien.

It was a really sweet read :-)

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | May 16, 2018 |
Read my review of the whole series here! Spoiler Free!

I will admit I enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey--not for the kinky sex but for the plot. Yes, there was a plot to the series but that is beside the point. So I can say I was excited to read this series because it is recommended for fans of Fifty Shades.

This book is definitely similar to Fifty Shades in terms of its delivery and plot progression. At times I felt like I was reading a rehash of Fifty Shades but there are some differences that make this series its own.

For one the characters are their own. Nikki is a more driven and academically intelligent than Anastasia. Nikki also has her own issues to work out emotionally and mentally. She is a very heavy character but is very likeable at the same time. Damien is also complex emotionally and mentally, much like Christian, but not so BSDM driven (though he does have control issues and likes his toys & ties). While he is always sexually charged, you can see that he does care for Nikki.

Overall: It has a good blend of sexy and plot that fans of E.L. James and Sylvia Day will gobble up right away.

seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |

For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms.

He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.

Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me.

Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart.

But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.

Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:43 -0400)

An erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who's never heard "no" and a fiery woman who says "yes" on her own terms.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,682,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible