Snow: A Novel by Kathryn Hewitt

Snow: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Kathryn Hewitt

Title:Snow: A Novel
Authors:Kathryn Hewitt
Info:WestBowPress (2012), Paperback, 308 pages

Snow: A Novel by Kathryn Hewitt

See full review @ The Indigo Quill: http://theindigoquill.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-snow-by-kathryn-hewitt.html

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Every teenage girl needs to grab a copy of this book. "Do not awaken love until the time is right" is the underlying theme of this book, however, it also shows how there is still hope and redemption when our human druthers get in the way of this principal. You will be given a fresh perspective on the reality and consequences of our choices in life, along with the struggles and the strength that comes from them.

There is no sugar-coating for Kathryn, and you can sense her passion for her audience in the pages. She tackles the issues of abortion, teenage pregnancy, and premarital sex in a way that is real, but palatable. She opens you to the option of waiting or being born-again, and the beauty that can come from your ashes.

I am so glad to see a book like this. We need a present-day role model who writes about present-day realities that young girls face and are unsure where to turn in order to face them. This is definitely a book I'm keeping on my shelf for my future daughter(s)! ( )
  TheIndigoQuill | Nov 7, 2015 |
I liked the idea of this book, and the primary goal of the book: to have women truly value themselves and think about their romantic relationships. I enjoyed a lot of the honesty and introspection on the part of the main character, but it just felt like a rough draft to me. I think a thorough edit could make this book very successful. Hewitt has a great subject and an interesting voice that only needs a little fine tuning. ( )
  HMJonesWrites | May 30, 2014 |
Since I'm the author, I'm required to give it an excellent review! :)
But aside from that, it's been acclaimed by readers and reviewers as "a must read" and "truly inspiring." ( )
  khnovels | May 23, 2013 |
Kathryn Hewitt has presented a look into the mind of a young girl and facing pressure of joining womanhood. This young woman has committed her life to Christ and vowed to remain a virgin until married.
When evil lurks in the body of a young man named Luke who has made it his mission to seduce 15 year old Ruth. We see such plotting...what a journey we are on!
Will Ruth be able to resist the pressure of this pro, as we soon discover?
Will his friends and her family be able to see through him? The choices that this young girl has to make, beyond her years.
Will God answer her prayers? Will she go through years later with her wedding...you have to read this book to get these answers.

I received this book from the Author and First Wild Card Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
1 vote alekee | Nov 5, 2012 |

Kathryn Hewitt is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,948,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible