Magic of the Loch by Karen Michelle Nutt

Magic of the Loch (edition 2012)

by Karen Michelle Nutt

621,268,033 (5)None
Member:RtB
Title:Magic of the Loch
Authors:Karen Michelle Nutt
Info:The Wild Rose Press, Inc. (Faery Rose) (2012), Paperback, 372 pages
Rating:*****

Magic of the Loch by Karen Michelle Nutt

This story line was so damn clever I had to read it, and I don't normally read romance. Alan and Hyatt have a 50 year Nessy curse. To break it, they take human form every 50 years to try and find their soul mate before time runs out or they return to the loch as serpents. They meet Michaela, the love interest, who has a life threatening illness. You follow along until you realize that luck will only happen to one man. A bittersweet ending I'd say. A love story where time is not on any of their sides. I thought the Scottish brogue was spot on, and I totally enjoyed the story line. ( )
  CindyAmrhein | May 20, 2014 |
Reviewed by: Crystal
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Magic Of The Loch is a great magical paranormal read based on the Loch Ness Monster myth. I would love to go to Scotland. I just can’t imagine what I would do if I came face to face with Nessie. For this reason, I admired Michaela. She knew she was going to die and lived every day like it was her last and loved like there was no tomorrow.

I could just feel the magic as I was reading . I love when an author writes a wonderful paranormal shapeshifter book. I didn’t put this book down and read all night long. I was so immersed in the mystery of the Loch Ness Monster and wanted to find out all that I could. The magic between Alan and Michaela is so powerful that all they have to do is touch and they can feel it. While I was reading, I was so hoping they could find a way to save Michaela.

I have always dreamed about going to Scotland and reading this book has only brought me closer to making a commitment to visit there. I could just imagine what everything looked like as the author gave such vivid descriptions. I could actually smell the water, hear the air, and feel the sun’s warmth on my face. This story was a great adventure and I hated to see it end. ( )
  RtB | Nov 6, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 161217292X, Paperback)

Michaela Grant travels to Scotland for a holiday, knowing this vacation is her last. A medical condition threatens her life and any chance of a future--until she meets Alan MacLachlin, a man forced to exist between two worlds. Alan is the legendary Loch Ness Monster. Once every fifty years he returns to human form in search of his soul mate, the one woman who can break his curse. He believes he has found forever with Michaela, but to claim it he must figure out how to save her life. Michaela and Alan vow to take what time has to offer, but another threat looms. A sinister shape shifter with a vendetta against Alan is making Loch Ness his personal hunting ground. Now he's threatening Michaela. Alan must discover who the shifter is and stop him before it's too late.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:50 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,439,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible