The Irish Duchess (Regency Nobles) by…

The Irish Duchess (Regency Nobles) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Rice

Member:C4RO
Title:The Irish Duchess (Regency Nobles)
Authors:Patricia Rice
Info:Book View Cafe (2012), Kindle Edition
Tags:ER, Kindle, Read 2012 12

The Irish Duchess by Patricia Rice

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a fairly average story -- nothing really outstanding about it. There were so many extra characters that didn't really seem to add that much to the story, it was hard to keep track of them all. I never felt there was actual love between the two main characters, just lust. Everyone knows that doesn't make for a lasting relationship, then or now.

Not an awful story, but not outstanding, either. ( )
  dkhiggin | Sep 9, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A most enjoyable story. This takes a little twist in that both the hero and heroine are penniless. He falls in love with the penniless Irish girl from his childhood even though he needs an heiress. She fights her attraction to him with all her might, but eventually love conquers all. ( )
  missiek | Jul 14, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I could not get into this novel, no matter how many times I tried to pick it up. There was just something about it that couldn't hold me.
  faither | May 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is about a Romance is a different light. It about a woman. It somewhat an adventure then a romance. There a lot going on in the book. There some drama and some really action though out the book. It a book in a series and this this the first one i read. ( )
  Lindz2012 | May 1, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Irish Duchess is a sequel to The Marquess, which I reviewed in September. Unfortunately, TID is not as successful a read as TM. The hero of TID, Neville Percival, appears in TM, as kind of a bad guy, so to see him as a hero in this book makes it difficult to set aside my earlier prejudice of this character. Neville falls head over heels in love with Fiona, a fiery (is there any other?) Irish ward of his cousin-in-law. I would have liked more exploration of the problems in early 19th century of a marriage between a Protestant and Catholic, but this is never addressed in the story. There's also a convoluted plot about some sort of bill or law that Neville is trying to pass in Parliament and some thugs trying to steal some poor Irish people's looms and Fiona and Neville go back and forth, "does he love me?" "does she love me?" and it was just a chore to finish this book. I'm giving it 3 stars only because Patricia Rice is a very good writer and I appreciate that she writes in 3rd person which seems to have gone out of style. ( )
  TeresaInTexas | Feb 18, 2013 |

Neville Perceval, the bankrupt Duke of Anglesey, has been burdened since youth with more responsibility than one man should handle. He has finally accepted that he needs to marry a wealthy, gracious lady who will ease his burdens and smooth his political path. Fiona MacDermot, the rebellious, untamed cousin of an Irish earl, has the freedom and independence Neville has never known. Like the duke, she needs cash to help starving villagers and orphans. Unfortunately, she'd rather earn a living than have anything to do with useless men, and the politicians she knows all belong at the wrong end of a rope. But when the duke is nearly beaten to death, and Fiona's looms are lost to a murdering thief, their lives are entangled in ways that threaten their futures. Lust shouldn't factor into their destinies, but it does, and now they have to find their dreams together, or die trying.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Irish Duchess by Patricia Rice was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,364,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible