Dave Bing: A Life of Challenge by Drew Sharp

Dave Bing: A Life of Challenge (edition 2012)

by Drew Sharp

Title:Dave Bing: A Life of Challenge
Authors:Drew Sharp
Info:Human Kinetics (2012), Paperback, 328 pages

Dave Bing by Drew Sharp

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I just couldn't get into this book. I didn't know who Dave Bing was before acquiring this book in the Library Thing early reviewers giveaway. I started reading it but after about twenty five pages through i just couldn't get myself to be motivated enough to pick it up again to start reading where I left off so I moved on to my next book. It was difficult to follow and felt like I was reading a textbook or someone's term paper. ( )
  Katlvr3969 | Aug 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had never heard of Dave Bing and when I received this book, was intrigued. His story is interesting. However, at times, I couldn'ttell if this was a biography of Bing or a story of racial tensions in Detroit. The tension in Detroit is part of Bing's story, but the author can't seem to decide what his main focus is. ( )
  chgstrom | Nov 8, 2014 |
A good book with many life lessons. Good read
  nkbk0108 | Dec 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book on Librarything and have to review it. I found Mr. Bing to be an excellent role model for young men; his parents raised a very smart son. There are so few parents that still do raise their children. Anyway, I am not a HUGE fan of basketball but he was smart to treat his job as a job. You can't always go with the flow and hope for the best. If you want and deserve more, you have to make it happen.

He would start from the bottom and work his way up with no shame. Much respect. ( )
  lizamichelle1 | Mar 22, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Another rags to riches story. It was interesting at the beginning to read about Dave Bing's childhood. Somewhere in the middle of the book, it became boring. I have not finished reading it. Maybe, I'll make another attempt in between novels. ( )
  haidadareads | Mar 7, 2013 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Dave Bing: A Life of Challenge by Drew Sharp was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,849,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible