Holy Mayhem by Pat G'Orge-Walker

Holy Mayhem (edition 2012)

by Pat G'Orge-Walker

322,001,085 (4)None
Member:alekee
Title:Holy Mayhem
Authors:Pat G'Orge-Walker
Info:Dafina (2012), Paperback, 320 pages

Holy Mayhem by Pat G'Orge-Walker

Recently added byTea58, firstfloor1, alekee

It's too bad all churches aren't as eccentric and wildly enthusiastic as Mount Kneel Down Non Denominational Center. While the congregation praises THE LORD, other members are continuing to feed their habits of greed and anger. I felt really upset with Deacon Whistle who has the nerve to embezzle funds from the church. As I looked at him, I also looked at myself. I'm not embezzling church funds, but I'm far from an ideal Christian. Let's just say I'm taking care of my hateful habits without the help of detectives and a family that includes members like the two Godmothers Joy and Patience. I am also without the help of cousins like Porky and Lil' P. Each of these characters I have named are fun, really hilarious is the right term.

Pat G'Orge-Walker's mix of crime with religion and a hair salon are wonderful. This is the novel to read for calming all those strung out nerves. If I didn't feel like laughing and wanted to stay in a cry in my Kool-Aide mood, I couldn't pick up HOLY MAYHEM. At times I did feel it got almost slap stick funny, in other words, too silly. However those moments were few while I read Pat G'Orge-Walker's novel. Next time, yes I am definitely going to read more books in this series, I will be more prepared for a book that is heavy with lightheartedness. patgorgewalker ( )
  Tea58 | Dec 15, 2012 |
The character's names will have you laughing and giggling all through this book. What a sense of humor Pat G'Orge-Walker has.
We meet the Godmother's Joy and Patience, and their Godson Percy...that they refer to as Little P. He is a Police Detective who places cases notes in the treasured Grandmamma's Truth's Bible.
If you can get through this book without rolling on the floor laughing you are doing well.
These treasured Godmother's have a dog named Felony...yes! Also some things and people are not how they appear.
If you want a really funny enjoyable read this one is for you. Don't miss this hard to put down book!

I received this book from Tywebbin Virtual Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Nov 6, 2012 |

They've been laid off, they're broke and their faith is really being tried. But dedicated Mount Kneel Down Baptist Church members Patience Kash and Joy Karry decide it is time to follow their true calling by becoming private detectives. But then a thief steals the prized family Bible and church funds are missing. Will they be able to stop the person who wants to send them to their heavenly reward?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,532,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible