Me, Him, Them, and It by Caela Carter

Me, Him, Them, and It (edition 2013)

by Caela Carter

Member:ahandfulofconfetti
Title:Me, Him, Them, and It
Authors:Caela Carter
Info:Bloomsbury USA Childrens (2013), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 320 pages
Tags:debut author challenge '13, netgalley arc, 2013

Me, Him, Them, and It by Caela Carter

Evelyn hates her lawyer mother for never talking to her, and her father for having an affair. She hates him for returning and both of them for getting back together and making their house a Silent House filled with their silences towards each other.

Read the rest of my review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/03/09/me-him-them-and-it-caela-cart... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
Evelyn is your typical good student and conflicted teen, who is falling for the guy she is just having casual sex with and doing everything under the sun to tick off her parents, whose father is cheating on her mother and whose mother is definitely not mother material. When she decides to tell Todd her feelings are more than friendly, she gets more than a life altering shock when she finds out she is pregnant. Even worse, Todd wants...
Read the entire review at http://www.musingwithcrayolakym.com/3/post/2013/09/me-him-them-and-it.html ( )
  crayolakym | Sep 2, 2013 |
  Punkfarie | Mar 30, 2013 |
  Punkfarie | Mar 29, 2013 |
I've read many books regarding teen pregnancy, but this one was unique in many ways. Evelyn's family life is falling apart after her father cheats on her mother, and her mother is as absent as ever. Evelyn decides to give up the good catholic girl persona to become a "bad girl" and although the reality is that she's now named the school slut, she has only been with one person, worse though she got knocked up and the baby's daddy isn't even her boyfriend.

Evelyn goes through up and downs of deciding what to do with an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy. She goes off to her favorites aunt's house because she dosen't want anyone to know about her pregnancy, even her best friend, but keeping secrets, especially secrets this big from the people she loves leads to disasterous consequences.

Me, Him, Them, and It was a good book regarding teenage pregnancy, I just didn't love it like everyone else did. Evelyn aggravted me at times with her thoughts about the baby, and maybe it's just because i'm at the point in my life where kids are a reality and knowing the struggles some people have to get pregnant makes situations like this extremely fustrating to me. Overall, I did think it was a decent story, but just didn't have the same feelings of elation towards it that everyone else did. ( )
  LauraMoore | Mar 26, 2013 |

Playing the "bad girl" at school to get back at her feuding parents, sixteen-year-old Evelyn becomes pregnant and faces a difficult decision.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,961,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible