Eat Your Way To Health: Healing, Kindness…

Eat Your Way To Health: Healing, Kindness And The Plant Life Cycle (edition 2012)

by Madhava Das (Author)

113,689,591 (5)None
Member:vegetarian
Title:Eat Your Way To Health: Healing, Kindness And The Plant Life Cycle
Authors:Madhava Das (Author)
Info:Transcendigital Productions (2012), Paperback, 146 pages
Collections:Your library, MSC Home, MSC's Friend's Writing, Nutrition, Review Copy
Rating:*****
Tags:Your library, MSC, Review Copy, MSC friends, vegetarian, health, prevention, 2012, vegan, vegan-fitness, indian, Goodreads

Eat Your Way To Health: Healing, Kindness And The Plant Life Cycle by Madhava Das

Recently added byvegetarian

This book is worth checking out for both style and heart, as well as for easily read but extensive information, clearly stated and illustrated.

In his introduction, the author urges us to read very carefully and to let him know of any errors at any level. So, when we find talk of nutrient-density, such as "Nutrient density generally follows the plant's reproductive life cycle" as we read along, many of us who watch PBS will think immediately of Dr. Joel Furhman's nutritarian vegan diet focusing on nutrient-dense vegetables and fruits, or Dr. John McDougall's low-fat vegan diet or Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn's oil-free vegan diet.

Most of Madhava Das's book can be supported with an evidence base, but that observation is one that a knowledgeable well-read vegan with a scientific background could make. While it should not be taken as a LITERAL endorsement of every phrase or sentence in the book, my more literalistic concern, the book is 'an easy read' and a book one can give to others who want to understand the science behind plant-based vegan diets.

Let's look carefully and see how sensitively and gently and even lovingly this book has been written, and how meticulously clear illustrations have been collected and exacting phrasing has been crafted.

It is a VERY easy-to-read book on looking for health and finding a vegan diet in the process, and why the vegan diet points us in that direction when we're searching for individual health. I think that the REASON for this is that Madhava Das is a graduate of Cornell University's certificate program in plant-based nutrition, and he's been able to make this body of knowledge as palatable and digestible as the general reader who LACKS extensive background requires.

I'm recognizing this fact and recommending this food for two of my once vegan friends who have been wandering a bit and for another vegetarian friend who has found his way back, though not quite to a plant-based vegan diet. I think that Madhava Das has something they will not weary in reading. ( )
  vegetarian | Nov 8, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098472589X, Paperback)

The younger the plant part you eat, the younger and healthier you stay!!! You can go after perfect health... and get it! You can take the diet you have... and improve it! You can take Bill Clinton's new disease reversing healthy vegan diet... and make it work for you! MADHAVA DAS'S PLANT LIFE CYCLE DIET Since time immemorial the plant’s life cycle has been the key to health and longevity for man and animal alike. Find out the truth about what has gone wrong in the modern age and about how science and kindness can now save your life. Learn how the plant life cycle and the Plant Life Cycle Diet can rejuvenate you to a state of paradisiacal health and happiness. Learn how to... Eat Your Way To Health!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:31 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,052,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible