You Had Me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane

You Had Me at Hello (edition 2012)

by Mhairi McFarlane

Member:sandikay
Title:You Had Me at Hello
Authors:Mhairi McFarlane
Info:Avon (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Kindle, Fiction
Tags:Romcom, chick-lit

You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane

I really enjoyed this book and the plot lines defiantly threw me through a loop. I honestly didn't know how this story was going to finish. Rachel might get back with Rhys. No wait she isn't. It made me laugh, cry and have a silly grin on my face. I would highly recommend this book to anyone, especially those who like romance books. I did cry at the point in the book when Ben says to Rachel 'Please don't come looking for me again.' I felt so sorry for Rachel. I was so happy with the ending and would read more of Mhairi McFarlane's work. I really enjoyed being able to read about their past as I felt you got to understand the character's a lot more through the jump backs.
  naomixbray | Sep 20, 2014 |
Loved it! ( )
  BibiPaterson | May 6, 2014 |
An enjoyable read with believable characters and witty storytelling. Over-prolonged conflict felt tiresome, but good overall. ( )
  Janet126 | Feb 8, 2014 |
Shallow nonsense. A desperate attempt to be funny. Was definitely not funny or anything else worthwhile.
I bought this on Amazon recommendation and the rave reviews there. I must conclude that the Amazon recommendation system is idiotic. My reading history must show that I like well written, intelligent books, so why did this pitch up? I will stick to LT recommendations in future, ( )
  lizstansbridge | Oct 7, 2013 |
Not bad, but not great. It's obvious from the start that this is a usual chick-lit story, but the ending is so pathetic. It's not romantic when a 30-something year old man leaves his wife for his university sweetheart! Sometimes it's better to have a not so happy ever after ending. ( )
  moosenoose | Apr 1, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 000748805X, Paperback)

What happens when the one that got away comes back? Find out in this sparkling debut from Mhairi McFarlane. 'Think of the great duos of history. We're just like them.' 'You mean like Kylie and Jason? Torvill and Dean? Sonny and Cher?' 'I think you've missed the point, Rachel.' Rachel and Ben. Ben and Rachel. It was them against the world. Until it all fell apart. It's been a decade since they last spoke, but when Rachel bumps into Ben one rainy day, the years melt away. They'd been partners in crime and the best of friends. But life has moved on: Ben is married. Rachel is not. Yet in that split second, Rachel feels the old friendship return. And along with it, the broken heart she's never been able to mend. Hilarious, heartbreaking and everything in between, you'll be hooked from their first 'hello'.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:58 -0400)

What happens when the one that got away comes back? Rachel and Ben. Ben and Rachel. It was them against the world. Until it all fell apart. Ten years after they said goodbye, Rachel bumps into Ben one rainy day. As they talk, the years melt away. But life has moved on. Ben is married. Rachel is not. And slowly but surely, Rachel feels the return of the broken heart she can't do anything to mend.… (more)

5 wanted3 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible