Heirs and Graces by Rhys Bowen

Heirs and Graces

by Rhys Bowen

Series: Her Royal Spyness (7)

Another totally enjoyable book by Ms. Bowen ( )
  JanicsEblen | May 6, 2019 |
When her mother loses interesting in her memoirs and decides to head off to the Riviera, Georgie again finds herself facing a return to Rannoch and its inherent deprivations. However, a friend of the Queen needs her help in grooming a newly discovered Australian heir. However, when the current duke is killed, Georgie must help with the investigation alongside her beloved Darcy. Another fun read in this series.
  4leschats | Oct 22, 2018 |
I like this series and the settings. They are always a fun read. ( )
  MichelleConnell | Sep 26, 2018 |
Not as much fun as usual - the setting and characters didn't have the sparkle of previous books in the series. And I'm baffled as to how Georgie solved the mystery. She had no clues whatsoever, and then suddenly, she knew! Inspiration beamed direct from the author, I guess. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
She did it again

Another splendid edition of her Royal spyness. Truth be told I prefer moments that have Darcy in them. But it is still an enjoyable read, even if he isn't in every page.
A bit of creepiness in this book. I would not recommend to my younger friends. I had to skip whole chapters.
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |

Rhys Bowenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frangie, RitaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mattos, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to three wonderful women:

Carolyn Hart, Eve Sandstrom and Jan Giles,

who sat with me all night in an emergency room

last year when I broke my pelvis

and then looked after me until I was flown home.

They helped me get through a horribly difficult situation

And I'll never forget their kindness.
One thing I should have learned about my mother was that I could not count on her.

As thirty-fifth in line for the throne, Lady Georgiana Rannoch may not be the most sophisticated young woman, but she knows her table manners. It’s forks on the left, knives on the right—not in His Majesty’s back…

Here I am thinking the education I received at my posh Swiss finishing school would never come in handy. And while it hasn’t landed me a job, or a husband, it has convinced Her Majesty the Queen and the Dowager Duchess to enlist my help. I have been entrusted with grooming Jack Altringham—the Duke’s newly discovered heir fresh from the Outback of Australia—for high society.

The upside is I am to live in luxury at one of England’s most gorgeous stately homes. But upon arrival at Kingsdowne Place, my dearest Darcy has been sent to fetch Jack, leaving me stuck in a manor full of miscreants…none of whom are too pleased with the discovery of my new ward.

And no sooner has the lad been retrieved than the Duke announces he wants to choose his own heir. With the house in a hubbub over the news, Jack’s hunting knife somehow finds its way into the Duke’s back. Eyes fall, backs turn, and fingers point to the young heir. As if the rascal wasn’t enough of a handful, now he’s suspected of murder. Jack may be wild, but I’d bet the crown jewels it wasn’t he who killed the Duke…

[retrieved 8/26/2013 from Amazon.com]

While in the Australian Outback grooming a newfound heir, Jack Altringham, for high society, Lady Georgiana Rannoch finds herself investigating the murder of the Duke who was found with Jack's hunting knife in his back.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,823 books! | Top bar: Always visible