Deep Into the Game: S.W. Tanpepper's…

Deep Into the Game: S.W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND (Episode 1) (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Saul Tanpepper, Ken J. Howe (Cover Design)

Series: GAMELAND (1)

Member:FrankErrington
Title:Deep Into the Game: S.W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND (Episode 1) (Volume 1)
Authors:Saul Tanpepper
Other authors:Ken J. Howe (Cover Design)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 130 pages
Collections:Kindle edition, Favorites

GAMELAND: Deep Into The Game (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #1) by Saul Tanpepper

This is a very well written book with a very intense story-line But if you expect a book with a beginning, middle and end you will be disappointed, because the story will not end. This is suppose to be the first of an eight series book, so the end is just a hook to the next episode. Do not take me wrong, it is a very good hook nevertheless, that will make me buy the rest of the seven volumes! The plot is interesting and will keep you reading on the edge of your chair for most of the book. The characters are well developed and the scenario is so richly described that you feel you are inside the story. A group of game hackers decide to break into Long Island's Gameland, a place where nobody lives, because of an outbreak that happened twelve years before, that had all population that survived evacuated. Now the only entities that inhabit that wasteland are the zombies. Their adventure starts with a poorly planed trip idea and tension escalates during preparation for the trip and execution of the trip. They soon figure out that it is easier to enter than to leave the Island...

This book was written by Saul W.Tanpepper in April 2012 and it has been offered for free in both of major online eBook stores. I recommend this book to the permanent library of all thriller lovers, young adults or not. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is a very well-written, fascinating series! Not just your typical zombie novel, this series blends blends zombies, game culture, conspiracy and cyberpunk. The result is impossible to put down! Definitely a thinking person's zombie story! ( )
  glindaharrison | Oct 19, 2015 |
  glindaharrison | Oct 19, 2015 |
This is the first in an 9-part series, plus there is a prequel to this story as well. I really liked the plot, the backstory draws me into the action and makes me want to know more about the world that was created. I couldn't say that I really felt much or got involved with the characters, but this was the first in the series, and the other episodes may flesh out the characters more. I will be reading the rest to find out what happens! ( )
  calicocat901 | Aug 10, 2014 |
The apocalypse is old news. Zombies roam the restricted areas and Gameland, a Long Island arena owned by Arc Entertainment is the sport of choice for the wealthy. Zombies are used not only to compete in the games, but janitorial tasks. A group of teens decide to break into Gameland. Things go bad, so very bad.

Gameland is told first person by Jessie, a teenage girl. She and her moody boyfriend, along with her best friend Ash, and Micah and Reggie aren't looking forward to their senior year of high school. Their last hoorah is to sneak into the infected zone to have some fun before the monotony of school begins.

Tanpepper's got something here. I like the unique plot he's created; reminds me of Mad Max's Thunderdome. The story is told in episodes, a total of eight. I've read only the first episode but I'm definitely looking forward to reading further. The book kept me intrigued all the way through, but at the halfway point it got even better and turned into something I just couldn't put down. It was an exhilarating and nail-biting adventure. I considered giving this a four star rating, but as the story progressed, it earned my five stars. The setting was new and futuristic, the concept was imaginative, and the characters were well fleshed out.

The prologue sucked me right in. Tanpepper jumps forward to reveal a hint of the ending and there was no way I could stop reading without finding out the journey that got our little group to that point. Being that the book is episodic, I wasn't rewarded with the full scope of the story. The episode ended in such a way that I can't let it end there...so I downloaded the second episode.

Visit www.bookie-monster.com to read my full review. ( )
  shanafesta | Dec 2, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,898,591 books! | Top bar: Always visible