A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey by Sibel Hodge

A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey (edition 2012)

by Sibel Hodge

541,436,638 (4.2)None
Member:biunicorn
Title:A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey
Authors:Sibel Hodge
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 74 pages
Tags:recipes, healthy, glutten free

A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey by Sibel Hodge

In my house, cookbooks and the collection of recipes is a fine art. I am addicted to cooking shows, and always want to add something new and tasty to the menu. With the other half being a less "adventurous" eater, although if I don't tell - he often doesn't ask, finding a way to change the menu from his standard southern fare and incorporate new flavors, ingredients and not have to restock everything in the pantry is a great bonus.

So - I started with testing the recipes - gravitated to the things I love most that I know he would at least try, then I branched out. Some of the items were big hits (calamari) and others he still won't touch (hummus) but the recipes were easy to follow, without huge expenditures of time and effort to find the gluten free items or spices. Most of the recipes I have tried, with a couple of exceptions that I just can't see myself eating. Currently, I'm in a soup phase, but I did make the chocolate mocha cake: which is so moist and torte-like that a tiny slice was more than enough for a satisfying snack!

Even more fun is Sibel has westernized some of the recipes, for those of us who don't have easy access to the Turkish or Cypriot ingredients, and most of the spices can be located in the international section of your local market. With an eye to fresh (but allowances for frozen or canned being made) each of these recipes were tasty, simple, loaded with flavor and brought a nice flavor of different to the table.

I received an eBook copy from the author for purpose of honest review for the Indie Authors Rock promotion. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility. ( )
  IamIndeed | Mar 29, 2013 |
I was excited to receive a review copy of this cookbook. I love cooking and baking, and though I’m not allergic to gluten, one of my close friends is, and it’s nice to be able to expand our dinner menus to something more uncommon. I haven’t tried all the recipes out yet, but whether you’re America’s next top chef or someone who specializes in TV dinners, this book contains easy-to-follow recipes that are easy on the wallet. The colored photos will leave you drooling, and the fact that the author species if a particular recipe is vegan or vegetarian will leave you smiling! ( )
  jurai2 | Jan 29, 2013 |
A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey
by Sibel Hodge

I just discovered in this awesome book a whole bunch of ways to eat health and yummy. And also the recipes are so easy to fix and from stuff that's not to hard to come by. Their were also really well done pictures of the food so I got a sense of what it should look like on the plate, which can help quite a bit when your a little creatively challenged in the cuisine department. The author was very thorough in her nifty cookbook because she lets us know how many each dish will serve, what sauces and garnishes to add to it and even alternatives that can keep a menu from being boring. I would recommend this divine succulent teacher to anyone looking for a way to keep themselves and their loved ones around for a long time. Thanks Sibel, you are the greatest.

Love & Light,

Riki Frahmann ( )
  biunicorn | Dec 31, 2012 |
I like this recipe book. It is to the point. The list and instructions are clear and understandable, the bonus is pictures with everything. I like to see something before I make it.
This is a great book for anyone who is on a gluten free diet. ( )
  Marynamo | Nov 20, 2012 |

Sibel Hodge is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,487,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible