One Eyed Jack by Christopher J. Lynch

One Eyed Jack (edition 2012)

by Christopher J. Lynch

Member:meadowmist
Title:One Eyed Jack
Authors:Christopher J. Lynch
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 230 pages
Collections:Read and owned
Rating:*****

One Eyed Jack by Christopher J. Lynch

I won this through Goodreads.
This was a really good book, thank you to the author for sending it to me. It was spectacularly fast-paced, engrossing and interesting: if it weren’t for my need for sleep before work I’d have finished it in one sitting. It seemed to end too abruptly, though, but that makes me want to buy the next one when it comes out. So well played! ( )
  adrateia | Jan 21, 2013 |
From the first introduction of John Sharp aka One Eyed Jack, I knew my anxiety levels would go up. If you want to know why they call him One Eyed Jack.....READ THE BOOK!! Now back to my review... Can you imagine someone knowing some of your deepest dark secrets?

Author Christopher J. Lynch does an excellent job of developing a story that will keep you on the edge of your seats. This Author gives his readers a strong plot, developed characters, and an all around entertaining read.

I'm still not sure if I like John Sharp, but then again... I do like him. That's the best part of reading a story like this - you are invested in the characters. This book was very fast paced, suspenseful, and add a little blackmail to the list you have a winner. Word to the Wise: Don't cross One Eyed Jack!!!

I look forward to see what new drama John Sharp aka One Eyed Jack will find himself in. ( )
  Orsayor | Dec 16, 2012 |
No one wants to be a blackmailer, but someone has to do it, and One-Eyed Jack was the master.

This book is entertaining right from the first sentence. You will be drawn in by the humor, the creative writing approach, and of course the subject matter.

Jack always would be the blackmailing master, but then he came across a situation that needed his blackmailing skills as well as intense detective work which he was also used to and good at. This case was one he had to help with and knew he could. He would get Bill Batty and his crew no matter what. But....what if someone else decided to get in on the deal? That could get quite dangerous.

You will thoroughly enjoy "Jack".....a very likable character despite his dirty deeds. Underneath, though, he was one of the good guys. You will follow Jack through his days of investigation, his personal sacrifices, his hideouts, his creative plotting, and he will amaze you with what technology is out there to spy on others...makes me want to keep my computer turned off and not let my cell phone out of my sight.

This book is a quick, funny, enjoyable, tense-at-time read with a great plot. A lot of research had to go into it unless the author is a tech wizard and just intrinsically knows all about these things. Don't miss this book....it was a delightful, entertaining, creative read with a great main character....thanks, Jack. Mr. Lynch is working on a sequel.

Watch this video for a great preview of the book.

This e-book was given to me free of charge without compensation by the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  meadowmist | Dec 7, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,239,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible