On the Trail of the Scissorman (Galvanic…

On the Trail of the Scissorman (Galvanic Century) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Michael Coorlim

2012515,329 (4.17)3
Member:Ameise1
Title:On the Trail of the Scissorman (Galvanic Century)
Authors:Michael Coorlim
Info:Pomoconsumption Press (2012), Kindle Edition, 35 Seiten
Collections:Kindle, Your library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:2012, Michael Coorlim, Kindle, Member Giveaway

On the Trail of the Scissorman by Michael Coorlim (2012)

Another steampunk Bartleby and James mystery. These are great fun to read, the characters are becoming well-developed and the plots are always interesting. Looking forward to the next one. ( )
  calicocat901 | Aug 4, 2014 |
This is a fun, fast-paced, steampunk romp - a very enjoyable snack of a novella.

(Book received through Librarythings Giveaway) ( )
  AlexDraven | Apr 21, 2013 |
Third Bartleby & James adventure.
In my opinion, the best story so far; character development is great, and I love the way Coorlim weaves Frankenstein into the story. The story has extra debt in the 'Scissorman' who turns out not to be a simple killer, but shows very human motives in his choice of victims. Really well done.

I'm really enjoying Coorlim's steampunk stories, and I'm looking forward to reading more in the future. ( )
  Britt84 | Apr 19, 2013 |
I received this book in exchange for an HONEST REVIEW through the "Member Give Away" program.

On the Trail of Scissorman by Michael Coorlim

PLEASE keep in mind, this review is written by my “taste in books”/my opinion. Check out my library ratings of other books to see if your tastes are the same as mine before judging this book by my review.

I have read the majority of Mr. Coorlim’s books (actually more like short stories) and this (to me) was by far his best one. I liked the progression of the story and I felt like the characters came to life in this story far more than previous ones. This could, of course, be because I have read so many of his previous books that I have become familiar with the characters but I also feel he has developed his writing.

This story deals with a mystery of people being murder and cut into pieces. Bartleby and James once again step in to solve what Scotland Yard cannot. The two detectives are reminded of an earlier case, “And They Call Her Spider”, but with one great difference: parts of the murdered people are missing…

I hate reviews that give away plots so I won’t go further with the story line. I will say that I am looking forward to more stories about Bartleby and James and their new addition to their “family” (you’ll have to read the book).

If you enjoy first person stories, steampunk and/or Sherlock Holmes TYPE stories…Mr. Coolim’s Bartleby and James series is for you. As I have stated in all my previous reviews of his stories, I don’t really care for “short stories” due to plot/character development but I really enjoy this series and I am looking at it as one novel being released chapter by chapter.

Mr Coorlim, I await your next release.

Rating: 4 stars ( )
1 vote Disco_grinch | Feb 11, 2013 |
The following review is based on the ebook edition of "On the Trail of the Scissorman" from a librarything.com giveaway.
"On the Trail of the Scissorman" is the third story in the Bartleby and James Adventure (or “Galvanic Century”) series. Much like the first and second installments of the series, it contains a good mystery, fantastic writing, an interesting steampunk setting, and a delightfully clever detective duo.

Although I didn’t enjoy it as much as I did the first story “And They Called Her Spider”—which remains my favorite installment of the series—I did like it quite a bit more than its predecessor “Maiden Voyage of the Rio Grande.” Coorlim creates fantastically horrific monsters, and his “Scissorman” (much like the “Spider” of the first story) is a genuinely frightening, gut-churning creature—with a twist (though you’ll have to read to find out what it is).

If you're new to the Bartleby and James Adventure series, I'd suggest reading "And They Called Her Spider" first. If you're looking for another J&B fix, then this story should more than satisfy.

You can find my (more in-depth) review of "And They Called Her Spider) here:
  ZettaInspired | Jan 13, 2013 |
Bartleby dropped to one knee next to the recently orphaned boy's bed, hat in his hands, and regarded the child with due seriousness.

Michael Coorlim is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,387,975 books! | Top bar: Always visible