How to Restore Your Corvette, 1963-1967…

How to Restore Your Corvette, 1963-1967 (Restoration) (edition 2012)

by Chris Petris

Member:maxmednik
Title:How to Restore Your Corvette, 1963-1967 (Restoration)
Authors:Chris Petris
Info:S-A Design (2012), Paperback, 192 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

How to Restore Your Corvette, 1963-1967 (Restoration) by

1 ( )
  A2Zhunter | Mar 4, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My father has had a '66 corvette sitting in his garage since I was little. I got this book through Library Thing early reviewers option. I looked through and read up on a few things and sent it off to my dads. He took the hint and has been using it along with others he's collected. Since I could understand and I am in no way able to restore anything and my dad frequents it; I'm going to say its a good book. ( )
  PagePenguin | Sep 2, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My husband read on this book for more than a week, which is an indication of a great resource since he kept coming back. As a mechanic and a classic car lover, he was very happy to review this book for me, in fact, it has a permanent place on his personal bookshelf! As a keeper, it has earned a solid 5 stars from us!!

My rating system is as follows:

5 stars - Excellent, Worth Every Penny, Made It Into My Personal Library!
4 stars - Great book, but not a classic. Passing on for others as a must read & encourage to review.
3 stars - Good overall, generally well written with few errors. Passing on to community library for others to enjoy.
2 stars - Would not recommend based on personal criteria, too many typo's, lack of character development, or simply unreliable story-line for me.
1 star - Difficult to read, hard to finish, or didn't finish. Wouldn't recommend purchasing or reading.

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, you should assume that every book I review was provided to me by the publisher, media group or the author for free and no financial payments were received, unless specified otherwise. ( )
  anothersheart | Jun 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This restoration how-to for Corvette's is a handy garage reference for beginners to mid-level mechanics. The line-by-line instructions from bodywork to transmission repair make this book a must have for anyone planning on starting a project on a 1963-1967 Corvette.
  gslim96 | Apr 9, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a fascinating "How To" book that takes the very wise path of putting in a lot of full color photographs, each worth a thousand words. Even a novice could follow these instructions. I am not going to restore a Corvette any time soon, or even ever, but I have three friends who do restoration and the word is out that I have this book. It's nice to have something that others want!
  Tertius | Apr 6, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193470976X, Paperback)

The Corvette is in a league of its own. With a fanatical following and legendary performance reputation, GM has continuously produced model after memorable model starting in 1953 and continuing today. As long as there is a car culture, the Corvette will continue to appeal to legions of enthusiasts. As such, these most of these cars will require a restoration during their lifetime, and that's where this book comes in. While some Corvette concourse restorations will be entrusted to professional restoration shops, many knowledgeable and skilled owners take pride in performing restoration work on their own.
The1963-1967, or Midyear Corvettes, are among the most popular Corvettes of all time. This book offers exceptional step-by-step information in color and focuses on real-world restoration techniques. In addition, it contains essential authenticity information and key considerations involved in the restoration process. This guide will cover all aspects of the restoration process, including engines and drivelines, bodywork, paint, interior and trim, suspension, brakes, chassis, and steering.
Author Chris Petris owns and runs Petris Enterprises, a respected Corvette restoration and parts supply business and has been a Bloomington Gold School Technical Instructor for 10 years. Corvette owners are a discriminating group and you are shown how to restore your car and retain the originality of the car within practical budgets. Whether you would like to try and tackle your own restoration, or simply want to know how the successful pros like Petris do it, this Restoration Series title has you covered.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:40 -0400)

This book shows you everything you need to know to expertly return a second-generation Corvette to its former glory.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

How to Restore Your Corvette: 1963-1967 by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,707,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible