The Seventh Victim by Mary Burton

The Seventh Victim (edition 2013)

by Mary Burton

Collections:Read in 2013
Rating:***
Tags:Review Book, E-Book

The Seventh Victim by Mary Burton

Seven years ago the Seattle Strangler had killed 6 women. By a miracle the 7th, Lara Church was found alive but had no memory of what happened. She went on to change her hair color and move around a lot finally settling in Texas when her grandmother left her house to her when she died. Then the killing start again a little to close to home.

James Beck is a Texas Ranger who is just coming off of paid administration leave. Beck is a man that when he gets a feeling or idea he cant let it go and even though that solved a missing 10 year old girls case the higher ups didnt like his hot-dogging ways. His first case back from leave is a dead woman who's death is reminding the Ranger of the Strangler victims.

Once the book takes off there are many twist and turns to find out who the killer is but these books are so much better when no spoilers are given. The shock and surprises are the best part.

CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this tale, even though there is nothing sci-fi or timey-wimey, Mary Burton's flavor of writing was very enjoyable. There were a few things that ever so slightly bugged me, but they were probably things that I misunderstood. It's hayfever season - plain old walking is hard for me to understand.

The characters were interesting to get to know, and the time spent with them was enjoyable. I'll be reading more of Mary Burton. ( )
  KVHardy | Jan 2, 2015 |
Wow, this book grabbed me from the first and was so hard to put down. The characters drew me in and kept me guessing through most of the book. One of the best mysteries I've read for a while.Great job. ( )
1 vote NancyLuebke | Apr 17, 2014 |
good book ( )
  djts5420 | Jan 27, 2014 |
I saw the way this was going to end. ( )
  Jilly66 | Nov 22, 2013 |
none
Prologue
Seattle
Seven years ago

The man crouched by the unconscious woman lying on the dewy grass by the highway and tilted her pale, still face toward the moon.

The one who got away - is the only one he wants. It's been seven years since the Seattle Strangler terrorized the city. His victims were all young, pretty, their lifeless bodies found wrapped in a white dress. But there was one who miraculously escaped death. . .

Lara Church has only hazy memories of her long-ago attack. What she does have is a home in Austin, a job, and a chance at a normal life at last. Then Texas Ranger James Beck arrives on her doorstep with shattering news: The Strangler is back. And this time, he's in Austin.

"Lara Church has only hazy memories of her long-ago attack. What she does have is a home in Austin, a job, and a chance at a normal life at last. Then Texas Ranger James Beck arrives on her doorstep with shattering news: The Strangler is back. And this time, he's in Austin"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,623,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible