Up Periscope by Robb White

Up Periscope (edition 1956)

by Robb White

Member:haydanhugo
Title:Up Periscope
Authors:Robb White
Info:DoubleDay (1956), Hardcover, 176 pages

Up Periscope by Robb White

1900s (1) 26 (1) adventure (5) blue (1) Box 5 (2) children's (5) Children-Fiction (1) culture (1) fantasy (1) fiction (13) history (1) kids (1) literature (1) military (1) mm (1) naval (1) naval fiction (1) Pacific (1) princess (1) sea (1) ship (1) submarine warfare (1) submarines (6) survival (1) unread (1) USA (1) W (1) WWII (10) WWII fiction (3) young adult (1)

English (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (3)
I have always liked this book. Read it first in junior high school. It mentions that one of the characters went the US Naval Academy. Curiosity got to me. I started checking in the the Naval Academy. Several years later I applied to there (with USMA as my 2nd choice). After the extensive application/nomination process, I could not get into the USNA (due to a 'slight' color perception problem), but was offered admission to West Point. Accepted, went and the rest is history.

So the book has a special meaning to me.

I have always had a place in my heart for Annapolis. Always found it tough at the Army-Navy football games. ( )
  usma83 | Jan 28, 2016 |
A Scholastic book from the 60's about a submarine? And yet, I really enjoyed this book. With the exception of 2 characters whom I kept getting mixed up, the characters were well-developed, and the story was interesting. Who'd have thunk it? ( )
  tloeffler | Apr 23, 2008 |

A Navy frogman under secret orders is whisked from a stateside romance to the perils of warfare in the South Pacific in 1942.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,760,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible