The Profiler's Daughter (Sky Stone…

The Profiler's Daughter (Sky Stone Thriller Series) (edition 2012)

by P.M. Steffen

Title:The Profiler's Daughter (Sky Stone Thriller Series)
Authors:P.M. Steffen
Info:Lion Dog Press (2012), Edition: 1, Kindle Edition, 427 pages

The Profiler's Daughter (Sky Stone Thriller Series) by P.M. Steffen

Could not continue with the two other books I am struggling with so squeezed this one in between.
Started October 1st, 2013.
Gripping page turner, from one perspective, a bit single-minded.
Epilogue with Sky nearly ruined everything for me.
Without it, the book would have gotten 5 stars for a really interesting, fast paced book.
But some scenes and lucky saves where too much coincidence to be believable.
While the ending is not conclusive in one regard (Jake or Ben Yost Junior) I'd rather see Sky stay single and focused on her work, not her shambles of a private life, I like my women strong and independent, regrettably the tone of the ending points in another direction, but I will certainly read the next book in the series. And the turn of the epilogue was again unbelievable and saccarine sweet. More like a wishful dream of what could be. If the next book stays on that path it will certainly be my last, and I hope rather not.
One thing to mention: the EBook (Mobi) had no DRM, very wise decision.

(Edited again 07-Oct-2013 for a few minor corrections and additions) ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
This one just wasn't for me but I did finish it.
I listened to the audiobook edition and a lot of the problem was the narrator who over-exaggerated the accents of various characters making them quite unlikeable. The narration was performed in an overly dramatized way that was simply tiresome to listen to for extended periods. The audiobook edition is almost 20 hours long, but the story content didn't seem to merit that length.
The story was dragged out and didn't really grab hold until about halfway through when a prime suspect became evident. There was some excitement during a sideshow investigation trip to Texas and then at the very end.
I'll admit that I was taken in by the promo for this one that promised a protagonist of the calibre of Lisbeth Salander (of the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series) and Arkady Renko (of the Gorky Park Soviet & Post-Soviet Russia series). Sky Stone was nowhere near as interesting or compelling as the kick-ass aspy character of Salander or the solitary moral detective vs. a totalitarian realm of Renko. So don't be taken in by that sort of promo like I was.
This might be ok for those who like a drawn out book, but the thrills were few and far between. ( )
  alanteder | Apr 14, 2014 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,859,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible