Second Chances by T.A. Webb

Second Chances (edition 2012)

by T.A. Webb

Member:lovekad
Title:Second Chances
Authors:T.A. Webb
Info:Dreamspinner Press (2012), Paperback, 200 pages
Collections:Lovekad
Rating:**1/2

Second Chances by T.A. Webb

Well...she's done and I haven't started...so I am delaying this. :)

BR with Momo, Thursday, June 18
"
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
3.5 stars.

I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. I'm not quite sure why. I think it's because I found Antonio & Mark's relationship kind of odd in the beginning half of the book. It never really sat quite right with me. It felt like more than friendship and therefore had this infidelity thread woven into it even though he was supposedly so in love with Brian. Brian's death was very touching and did bring a few tears though. Overall, it was a good book, but I didn't seem to love it as much as everyone else. That always seems to happen to me with books that have such glowing reviews. Maybe I expect too much from them. Still, it was a sweet story and most people will continue to love it. ( )
  .riley. | Sep 21, 2013 |
This story, Mark's story needs to come with a warning. Something like "'Readers Beware' or 'Read With Caution': the following story will break your heart... aaaaand then put it back together like it's brand new".

One of my status updates best explained how I felt: "I think I love the MC. I want him to be my best friend".

Then events occur which broke my heart.... the writing was achingly beautiful and I can't imagine there could have been better words to facilitate the situation the characters were in. I could see the freaking room where it happened and hear the sounds within the room.

"This was the husband of my heart." - Oh gawd help me, that scene killed me...

The supporting characters were fun and intriguing while the plot was interesting. I'm so grateful that it ended as a little ray of sunshine.

I just have one question. When's the sequel coming out? ( )
1 vote SuzyCsBooks | Jul 1, 2013 |
This book had me up reading into the wee hours of the morning wiping tears from my eyes. This book hit all the right notes. It was sweet with out being sappy. It was poignant without being trite. It was simply amazing and especially so given that this is the author's first book. I read this book based upon rave reviews thinking it couldn't be that good but I would probably enjoy it. I was simply blown away by how much I enjoyed this book. ( )
  Shanna_McConnell | May 11, 2013 |
This was GREAT!
I loved it. The first person POV worked out beautifully and Mark, the protagonist felt so real and such a great guy, it made for a brilliant read.
It was not your usual m/m romance with boy meets boy, great misunderstanding followed by HEA. This was a real people love story. With great likable, unperfect characters. I loved it.
And it made me cry, honest to god cry. Not some measly moist eyes, nope. I cried. So much that I had to explain to my husband what's going on. I couldn't stop reading, because I wanted to know how this ended. Did I mention I loved it?

What a great read. I want more. As soon as possible.
Thanks to Monique for recommending the author. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Barb (Apr 15, 2013)

2 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,402,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible