The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never (edition 2012)

by J. A. Redmerski

Member:jordan.lusink
Title:The Edge of Never
Authors:J. A. Redmerski
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 426 pages
Rating:*

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Okay, wow, I don't even know how to start. This was fantastic and I tried to make this last as long as I could, but it had to end sometime. I got this for my Kindle a while back for 3.99 while looking for something to read and I left it for a couple weeks. Then I got around to reading it and I couldn't stop. As soon as the bus trip starts, I was completely in it. Then Andrew comes in (which for some reason my brain portrays him as Jensen Ackles) and it just kept getting better. I was in tears by the end, it seemed to just take all of my feels for ransom. I was satisfied with the ending and I can honestly say, I've never expected to love this story as much as I did when I first saw it. I'm so happy I browsed my Kindle that night and found this. Definitely recommended. ( )
  darkartsy | Oct 10, 2014 |
When I first decided to read this book, I didn't exactly know what I would be getting myself into, a lot of the reviews I've read either loved it or hated it, not many were in between. I however am, at the start of the book I hated it. I really disliked the characters and the setting, the only thing I liked about it from the off was Damon, and even after a while I started to hate him (with obvious reason)

Camryn and her best friend Natalie have an argument after a night out, a night that Camryn was forced into. And feeling like the world is resting on her shoulders she decided to get away for a while. Cue her getting a bus tickets to no where in particular, just taking it one day at a time. At first I thought she was really stupid, and I really didn't like the idea of it being a 'live for the moment' type of book considering how much I disliked the beginning, but then she meets Andrew and I know longer cared, because I was transfixed with him from the start.

Andrew Parrish is on a bus journey of his own, and upon seeing a sleezy man staring at what he thinks is an under age Camryn, he sparks up conversation in hopes to protect her, at least until wherever she is going.
Camryn and Andrew have a love hate relationship, they banter and joke and its a purely platonic friendship, at least for the start. Andrew decides that despite his responsibility and the reason that brought him on his journey in the first place, he wouldn't be happy leaving Camryn alone. Thus leads them to travelling together and what not.

Like I've already said, I didn't like the beginning, but the middle really grew on my and I love Andrew's and Camryn's relationship, there was times I thought it was highly annoying though but for the most part I liked it.
But I didn't like the end, I know its stupid, but I really think that could have been another book instead of being squeezed into a few chapters, and there was other parts about this book that I just didn't get, so that's why the rating is so low. because despite liking this middle, I still hated the start and a lot of things.
(in truth, the only reason is gets a 2.5 is because of Andrew haha)

I don't know exactly who I would recommend this book for, and that's hard because I always know, but I would say for people who are just looking for an easy read and can take things with a pinch of salt. Despite its rating, I would most likely read it again so it wasn't all that bad ( )
  Staciesnape | Sep 14, 2014 |
I loved loved loved this book! It is possibly my favorite contemporary romance book of all time!! I was crying at the end! It is an amazing read and wonderful story. Any one who has ever questioned why we do the same motions in life over and over can relate to the characters. I loved the development of Camryn. I felt like the beginning of her story could have been my life. Which is why this book resonated with me. The characters were so deep. They both had examined their lives to the point of indecision that brings them where they're supposed to be. It's an emotional ride that I couldn't put down. I absolutely loved every minute! ( )
  breakingbooks | Aug 13, 2014 |
A. Great. Book.

“Heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way.” ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
A. Great. Book.

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

J.A. Redmerskiprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fortgang, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Setting out on her own for a new life, twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett boards a Greyhound bus alone. Though determined never to fall in love, she meets Andrew Parrish, a man much like herself, and a man with a dark secret. Will Andrew's secret push them together, or tear them apart?… (more)

J.A. Redmerski is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

21 wanted2 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,331,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible