The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never (edition 2012)

by J. A. Redmerski

249None45,814 (4.04)6
Member:jordan.lusink
Title:The Edge of Never
Authors:J. A. Redmerski
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 426 pages
Rating:*

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Wow.... where do I start describing how I feel about this fantastic book. I haven't felt compelled to sit and write a review so soon after finishing a book, for a while.

This book will be with me for a long time. I feel lost and my thoughts have been overtaken with this story.

It just reached in an grabbed my heart from the beginning, taking me on a journey of self discovery, of finding love, of living life in the moment, living life the way you want. This story just kept building the whole way through until I was emotionally strung out and I felt like I was put through the wringer in the last third of the book.

Both Camryn and Andrew have their fair share of trauma in their lives. Each tries to deal with their circumstances in their own way until their chance meeting. Camryn is guarded, Andrew is full of life and living on the edge. Camryn is tired of trying to live the life that everyone expects her to. She has become numb to life and Andrew is just the person to bring her out of her self-imposed shell and start living again. What develops is a friendship of circumstance and curiosity. Camryn takes a leap and never looks back. Andrew shows her just how much fun life can be and how much fun they can have together. The attraction is there from the start but both fight it. However, part of living in the moment is letting go and following where your heart wants to go.

"The heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and masochist all on its own, always gets its way. The mind may be what's best, but I don't give a shit what my mind is telling me anymore. Right now, I just want to live in the moment."

Andrew has a secret though, one that threatens everything. One that shook me to the core.

This book had it all for me - characters with a solid heartwarming background, characters that each had their own strengths and weaknesses that were totally relateable, characters that made you laugh and cry right along with them, swoon-worthy love scenes (yes Andrew is hot!) and a story so well written that it just kept digging deeper and deeper into my heart and soul. I wanted more.

So have you bought it yet??? If not, why not? Start reading now! ( )
  Artfullee | Apr 8, 2014 |
FUCKING EPIC

This book ruined me. I can't get it out of my head. THE BEST LOVE STORY I HAVE EVER READ.

SO GOT AHEAD GRAB YOUR HANKIE, YOUR VIBRATOR AND MAKE A STRONG POT OF COFFEE BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED ALL OF THEM. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!

Whew first off what a ride. I cried, I laughed...the people at the gym probably thought I was a crazy person bawling my eyes out on the bicycle.

We start off with Cam, a 20 year old girl who has been dealt a shitty hand. Her first love died in a car crash at 16, her brother is in prison and her friend just told her to take a flying hiatus. Loves country folk music and keeping her hair in braids and decides one day that she has had enough and hops on a bus to Idaho.

I think Tamsin Egerton makes a perfect Cam

In walks in Andrew who happens to hop on that same bus to Wyoming to see his dying father.

I think a young Tom Welling

Fist off the chemistry is dynamic. It reminds me of the first time I fell in love....the way that the author can put you in the story takes my breath away.

Their love for each other is amazing and you are like come on get on with it already....you two are made for each other!!!!

My heart goes out for these two and I LOVED LOVED LOVED the ending.

So run don't walk to get this book and start reading it.
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
This deeply emotional book with haunt you. Who knew a bus ride could become a microcosm of two lives. What appears to be a ride without destination, becomes a journey to maturity and fulfillment. A must read! ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |
Great book. Started out slow for me but I just couldn't put it down. All reviews made me continue to read this book and I am happy I did. I purchased this book in December 2012, due to random search for new books to read.

The love that is displayed in this book between Cam and Andrew is phenomenal. They truly help one another through difficult times. She is depressed and needs to feel something other than being numb and he just needs to feel something other than emptiness.

They truly breath light into each other and also into me as the reader.

I am in awe with how Andrew helps Cam break out of her shell and be the person she has always wanted (but didn't know she wanted) to be.

I love the dominates that is displayed in this book and the unknown. This book literally had be holding breath and staying up all night to finish this marvelous piece of new love and new living. ( )
  ChannellingCloretta | Mar 9, 2014 |
This book made me cringe again and again. The conversational dialog was adolescent and eye rolling. I can enjoy well written crude and crass. This was not. Andrew lacked charm, Camryn lacked intelligence. I kept wanting to like Andrew but resolved that his character is a man I wouldn't welcome in my life and would warn away from girlfriends.

I never quite got the "owning" pre req for Andrew agreeing to sleep with her. It suggests a Dom/sub scenario? It seemed creepy and out of character.

When they do get together, It's OK hot, but it's 2012.....protection people! Cringe again! ( )
  TheLustyLiterate | Dec 7, 2013 |

Setting out on her own for a new life, twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett boards a Greyhound bus alone. Though determined never to fall in love, she meets Andrew Parrish, a man much like herself, and a man with a dark secret. Will Andrew's secret push them together, or tear them apart?… (more)

J.A. Redmerski is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

21 wanted2 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,490,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible