That Night on Thistle Lane (Swift River…

That Night on Thistle Lane (Swift River Valley) (edition 2013)

by Carla Neggers

Member:rhonda1111
Title:That Night on Thistle Lane (Swift River Valley)
Authors:Carla Neggers
Info:Harlequin MIRA (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:read, Your library

That Night on Thistle Lane by Carla Neggers

Recently added byJudithDCollins

That Night on Thistle Lane is the second book in the Swift River Valley series and will have to go back and read the first - Secrets of the Lost Summer; however appears as could be a standalone.
A romance novel (which typically I am not a huge fan); however, she is a good storyteller and makes you feel like a fairy tale of Cinderella. A small town life about Phoebe and her mother and sisters and seemed to be long and drawn out and hard to hold interest --agree with the other reviewers as not a lot of passion between Noah and Phoebe or substance. This was my first read by this author. Not my type of book; however always like to try new authors and styles.

More than just make-believe

Librarian Phoebe O'Dunn deals in stories, but her passion for history has taught her that happy endings are rare. Her life in Knights Bridge, Massachusetts, is safe and uneventful...until she discovers the hidden room.

Among its secrets is a cache of vintage clothing, including a spectacular gown-perfect for a gala masquerade in Boston. In the guise of a princess, Phoebe is captivated by a handsome swashbuckler who's also adopted a more daring persona. Noah Kendrick's wealth has made him wary, especially of women: everybody wants something.

When Noah and Phoebe meet again in Knights Bridge, at first neither recognizes the other. And neither one is sure they can trust the magic of the night they shared-until an unexpected threat prompts them to unmask their truest selves.

After all, it takes more than just the right costume to live out your personal fairy tale. It takes heart...and the courage to be more than you ever dreamed.

Librarian Phoebe O'Dunn deals in stories, but her passion for history has taught her that happy endings are rare. Her life in Knights Bridge, Massachusetts, is safe and uneventful until she discovers the hidden room. Among its secrets is a cache of vintage clothing, including a spectacular gown perfect for a gala masquerade in Boston. In the guise of a princess, Phoebe is captivated by a handsome swashbuckler who's also adopted a more daring persona. Noah Kendrick's wealth has made him wary, especially of women: everybody wants something. When Noah and Phoebe meet again in Knights Bridge, at first neither recognizes the other. And neither one is sure they can trust the magic of the night they shared until an unexpected threat prompts them to unmask their truest selves. After all, it takes more than just the right costume to live out your personal fairy tale. It takes heart and the courage to be more than you ever dreamed.… (more)

37 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,034,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible