Fatal Decree by H. Terrell Griffin

Fatal Decree (edition 2013)

by H. Terrell Griffin

Member:PopcornReads
Title:Fatal Decree
Authors:H. Terrell Griffin
Info:Brilliance Audio (2013), Preloaded Digital Audio Player
Rating:***1/2
Tags:h. terrell griffin, fatal decree, mystery, fiction, florida, serial killer, murder

Fatal Decree by H. Terrell Griffin

Book Review & Giveaway: Fatal Decree is the latest book in the Matt Royal mystery series by H. Terrell Griffin. This series is set around a Gulf island and has been compared to the old Travis McGee series by John D. McDonald. It has that same laid back buddy mystery feel to it but these buddies all have some serious credentials and the women are not just eye candy, thankfully. You don’t have to read this series in order because each book is fairly self-explanatory, so no worries if you haven’t read the previous ones. If you like interesting mysteries with a small-town feeling to them but with lots of action and suspense then read the rest of my review & enter to win a copy at http://popcornreads.com/?p=5339. ( )
  PopcornReads | Jan 28, 2013 |
When a murder occurs on Longboat Key Island, Florida, it looks to be the work of a serial killer who terrorized the city of Miami twelve years ago. But why here and why now? Retired lawyer Matt Royal, his friend Jock Algren who is an assassin for a secret government organization, and the island's only police detective JD Duncan work together to investigate. What they find throws all their preconceived notions out the window - the killer is a great deal more dangerous than they thought. Catching him may not be the problem; getting out alive is.

Fatal Decree is a taut, fast tale with lots of action and plenty of twists and turns to keep you turning pages. It is also an interesting departure from the usual black-and-white thriller. As the trio of investigators move toward the solution, it becomes clear that each of the three has a different idea of how the story should end. This made the story seem, at once, more thoughtful and more suspenseful.

If you are looking for a thriller with a slightly more nuanced view of outcomes than usual, try this one. it is smart, savvy, and a real wild ride. ( )
  lostinalibrary | Jan 17, 2013 |
Fatal Decree: A Matt Royal Mystery by H. Terrell Griffin
4 STARS

This is my first Matt Royal Mystery but not my last. I found that I had two others on my kindle that I will read next. Fatal Decree I believe is the 6th Matt Royal Mystery.
Thier are a lot of characters that fans of the series has already met in detail.
Fatal Decree can stand alone but I want to go back and read the books before in the series.
I like Matt and his friends. They have some very powerful friends in high places. Thier was no way I would have guessed who the killer was and why. It is full of drama,action,police detective,secret goverment agencies,drug dealers,murders. Did not want to put the book down until I had finshed reading it.

Description

When a serial killer shows up on Longboat Key, Florida after a twelve year absence, Matt Royal is stymied. The first woman killed on Longboat Key has ties to a secretive government agency for which Matt's best friend Jock Algren works. Was this a coincidence or was she a targeted kill? Matt's friend, Longboat Key detective Jennifer Diane (J.D.) Duncan investigates the murders but also seems to be a target of the killer. Why? And where has the killer been for the past twelve years? And why has he come to Longboat Key when his earlier kills were all in Miami? The mystery deepens when Guatemalan gang-bangers try to kill Matt and J.D. and suspicions grow that Mexican drug cartels are somehow involved. The director of Jock's agency orders him to do whatever is necessary to find the killer because of the death of the woman with connections to the agency. Will Jock simply take out the murderer or allow J.D. and the law to arrest, try and convict the bad guys? Matt's life is further complicated by J.D.'s growing dissatisfaction with island living and her thoughts of returning to Miami. (Taken off Netgalley site about Fatal Decree)

Matt Royal is retired lawyer and loyal friend. He is divorced and a beach bum is his discription.
Jock Algren works for secret goverment agency and when he is between assignments lives on the island in Matt's house.
Diane (J.D.) Duncan Matt's friend who he wants to be closer too but does not want to ruin friendship. She is the Island's detective. Someone wants her dead. Her boss is Matt's friend too.

The one thing that I did not like is that clue about what was going to go wrong with thier plan. Matt hinted a lot of different times about what was going to happen. Just a little complaint.

I would love to live on Longboat Key, Florida too especially after the foot of snow in my yard this week.
I was given this ebook to read and asked to give honest review of it when I was done by Netgalley.
Publisher: Oceanview Publishing (January 15, 2013) 340 pages ISBN: 1608090701 ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 13, 2013 |
For Jean,
Forever
The corpse was floating at the edge of the channel of the channel tehat runs between Sister Key and its larger neighbor, Longboat Key.

When a serial killer shows up on Longboat Key, Florida, after a twelve year absence, Matt Royal is stymied. The first woman killed on Longboat Key has ties to a secretive government agency for which Matt's best friend Jock Algren works. Was this a coincidence or was she a targeted kill?… (more)

Oceanview Publishing

Three editions of this book were published by Oceanview Publishing.

Editions: 1608090701, 160809071X, 1608091228

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,890,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible