Everwinter (The Wrath of the Northmen) by…

Everwinter (The Wrath of the Northmen) (edition 2012)

by Elizabeth Baxter

Member:LibStaff2
Title:Everwinter (The Wrath of the Northmen)
Authors:Elizabeth Baxter
Info:
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:LT Member Giveaways

Everwinter (The Wrath of the Northmen series #1 An epic fantasy novel) by Elizabeth Baxter

So glad I gave this book a shot. It starts out by really developing the characters in a setting that I loved. To me this is the strong part of the book. I love to read about new places and characters and get to know them and the city of Ral Tora was fun to get to know. The rest of the book was really good also but your typical fantasy novel. Hope the next book comes out soon. There is a prequel that I just downloaded so I will check this out also. ( )
  Fearshop | Jun 3, 2016 |
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I sooo wanted to LOVE this book! I really did! Come on, epic fantasy meets science... I've gotten excited for less than this!
The fact that it was building up rather slow, and even though I understand it helped in the development of the characters, give depth to the plot, it kinda made me lose interest more than once. I might not have enough patience. This is probably what you need to actually get the feeling you are really going somewhere. Or should I have read the prequel first? Silly enough, I didn't know about it until now. It makes me wonder... I quite liked Baxter's style, so I might give it a try and possibly end up rereading Everwinter! ( )
  NinaCaramelita | May 18, 2016 |
I liked it for the most part. It took me a minute to get into reading it. The beginning was a little slow for my taste, but once Astrid showed up, I couldn't put it down. Shes a force to be reckoned with.

Can't really think of a good way to say anything without spoilers except Bram is clumsy funny, Falen is secretive but likable, the Panthers are a ball of laughs. And this story needs a book 2 already!! Need to see whats up north already.

Received a copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  katieperryrogers | Apr 10, 2016 |
Elizabeth Baxter's high fantasy novel, Everwinter, does not disappoint. She slowly, yet skillfully, sets the stage for an epic adventure that is not without its political intrigue, hidden enemies, mythic creatures, ancient gods, deadly battles and budding heroes. I for one will eagerly await the continuation of Baxter's compelling mythic saga. ( )
  JuneMermaid | Mar 12, 2015 |
Lots of intrigue, action, and magic! The characters have depth and the story had me hooked from the start. Can't wait to read the sequel! ( )
  madamediotte | Apr 30, 2014 |

Elizabeth Baxter is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,656,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible