Death Note, Volume 10: Deletion by Tsugumi…

Death Note, Volume 10: Deletion

by Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata (Illustrator)

English (7)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All (9)
Love this series. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
2014 Review:
Death Note #10 & 11 (Manga Monday)
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis
After Mello's spectacular failure in books 8 and 9, the story shifts over to Near as he tries to catch Light/Kira in a cerebral mastermind game of wits.

My Thoughts
After Mello's failed attempt at getting a hold of Kira, and the death of Light's father, things go from the action/gungho/blitz-a-rama to a much more "I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know" type of back and forth between Light/Kira and Near.

Sadly, Near isn't as likeable as L was and a lot of his motivation is proving that he is as good as L was. L had a hate/love camaradie with Light that was fun to read about. Near and Light just talk over the phone and we get to hear their thoughts about how they're going to outwit the other.

However, the end game is in sight. Both Near and Light/Kira are finalizing their plans to outwit the other. And just as Near and Light begin their plan, Mello shows up at the end of book 11 to throw a monkey wrench into both their plans.

In summary, I was going to throw in book 12, the final book as part of this review. But I thought it was worth it's own review next week. So next week will be the review for book 12, the final book in the Death Note series.

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Author: Tsugumi Ohba
Artist:Takeshi Obata

2007 Review:

Light has Misa pass her notebook onto another Kira worshipper. Light also begins to start a relationship with another woman to better control the "new kira" and in anticipation of getting rid of Misa. Shows just how cold hearted Light truly is. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
READ IN ENGLISH

I had completely deleted Mikami in my memory for some reason. Guess he deserved it.

The story is nearing its end, and you can feel it. Two more books to go. Brace yourself for the last and final battle... ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Excellent Deathnote hit a definite lull in some of the later volumes, but I'm happy to say that Vol. 10 is picking it back up. Light's back on his game, and excellent new character is introduced, and some of the supporting characters develop some backbone. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Nov 1, 2012 |
This volume was better than I expected. When I heard that Light was giving the Death Note to another person I was worried that it would go even more downhill but I actually enjoyed reading about his successor, Teru Mikami. I am interested to see where this goes. It can either benefit Light or do the exact opposite and expose him. Because he can't talk to Teru, being under suspicion again, there are going to be some inconsistencies, which Near and Mello will be sure to pick up on. However, Light is brilliant so I not sure exactly how it will work out yet. I'm got two volumes left in the series so certainly something will happen and soon. Looking forward to seeing how this concludes. ( )
  Kassilem | May 1, 2012 |

Tsugumi Ohbaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Obata, TakeshiIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142151155X, Paperback)

Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal?or his life?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:20 -0400)

When high school student Light Yagami finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a Shinigami death god, he discovers that any person whose name is written in it dies, so Light decides to use the notebook to rid the world of evil.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,198,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible