Content strategy for mobile by Karen McGrane

Content strategy for mobile (edition 2012)

by Karen McGrane (Author), Paul Ford (Foreword)

Member:donutage
Title:Content strategy for mobile
Authors:Karen McGrane (Author)
Other authors:Paul Ford (Foreword)
Info:New York: A Book Apart (2012), Paperback
Collections:Moorestown
Tags:web design, content strategy, mobile, 21c, A Book Apart

Content Strategy for Mobile by Karen McGrane

I love Karen McGrane's approach to content and design. I've seen her speak on the same topic in this book, and I found this to essentially be a long form version of that talk. A lot more detail, to be sure.

All of the info in the book is valuable, and especially so for people who haven't been exposed to this type of thinking before.

My only complaint is the length. I do feel a few sections could have been a bit shorter. And there were a lot of repetitive intro and summary pages in every section. ( )
  brianinseattle | Oct 1, 2014 |
In "Content Strategy for Mobile," McGrane walks us through the various tenets of preparing online content for mobile consumption, and how to use mobile's requirements to galvanize an organization towards slimmer, better content. Unlike some other books in the A Book Apart series, McGrane's entry is less about the nuts and bolts of implementation and more about the high-level view of an organization.

McGrane faces a difficult task, as she herself admits early on – sell the uniqueness of mobile as a lever for change, but also guide people to a solution that is mobile-desktop agnostic and simply just good content (strategy). "Content Strategy for Mobile" embodies this contradiction and stops and starts on occasion. Nonetheless, a great resource for consultants and managers that follows the powerfully concise format of A Book Apart. ( )
  jasonli | May 27, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,149,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible