Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck

Other authors:Harriet Parke
Info:Threshold Editions (2012), Hardcover, 304 pages
Rating:***

Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck

Pretty descent dystopia novel about a not too far away future where life mimics the totalitarian state of The Republic.

A quick read shouldn't take more than a day or two. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
I know Glenn Beck has many enemies, but I loved this book. I wish it would have been fleshed out a little better, but the concept is crazy. Please realize this was co-authored by Glen Beck. Pretty scary stuff either way. ( )
  elleayess | Mar 22, 2014 |
This book was available in the browsing area of the library instead of the book I wanted to read. So, knowing that it was likely to be terribly insipid, I undertook its reading. My prediction was fully validated. This is the book for you if you dislike 9th grade+ vocabulary or moral ambiguity.

Perhaps my willingness to have read this book indicates some terrible self-loathing anti-intellectualism for which I should seek immediate psychological treatment. If someone had made me read this, I would report it to the police. ( )
  tororojo | Aug 25, 2013 |
I like books that ponder the question “What If…?” This thriller by Glenn Beck fits that category perfectly. If we were to imagine what the United States might look like if our current form of government takes the wrong fork in the road, then this story is the mirror we should look into. A country without a democratic government, a country without laws to protect the individual’s freedoms, a country where children are born but raised in communities by the Authorities, where personal possessions are not allowed – this is the scenario of Agenda 21.

The characters we meet are personable and people we can identify with. The pace of the story is quick and leaves the reader anxious to turn the next page. I read this book in just under two days. In the end we find our characters making a break from their narrow lives. Like many other readers/reviewers I would love to read a sequel to see how they fare.

If you like your thrillers and are prepared to be on the edge of your seat, don’t miss reading Agenda 21. ( )
  AuthorMarion | Aug 21, 2013 |
Writing Style: 4.5; very good; fourth fiction title I have read by Mr. Beck; while The Overton Window was good, this one was better
Theme: 5.0; the "agenda" (Agenda 21) of some in the United Nations and even in the United States; no problem forseeing this to be the future with what is taking place in the world today
Content: 4.5; a few intimate scenes; adult scenes presented; young girls being "paired" with older men
Language: 4.5; "God---- it" was used several times on page 32, but I believe the author was relating that the mother was cursing the fact that she didn't do more to stop this (Agenda 21) from happening; I don't believe she was using His name in irreverance; no other vulgar words were used

Overall: 4.5; great book and great writing ( )
  jntjesussaves | Jun 10, 2013 |

Glenn Beckprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parke, Harrietsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To all those who hold fast to the spirit of the American Dream Labs; the storytellers like Harriet who seek the hard facts and then find new ways to expose, enlighten, inspire and spread courage across the entire world.
They took mother away today.
[The purpose of Agenda 21 is] to promote patterns of consumption and production that reduce environmental stress and meet the basic needs of society--AGENDA 21, CHAPTER 4, OBJECTIVE 7.A
Humanity stands at a defining moment in history. We are confronted with a perpetuation of disparities between and within nations, a worsening of poverty, hunger, ill health and illiteracy, and the continuing deterioration of the ecosystems on which we depend for our well-being.
  The developmental and environmental objectives of Agenda 21 will require a substantial flow of new and additional financial resources to developing countries....Financial resources are also required for strengthening the capacity of international institutions for the implementation of Agenda 21.
  This process marks the beginning of new global partnership for sustainable development.--PREAMBLE, AGENDA 21, UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE, RIO DE JANEIRO, JUNE 1992

When the government comes for her mother, Emmeline embarks on a plan to save her family and expose the truth behind the objectives of the United Nations' agenda 21.

82 wanted1 pay3 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,662,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible