Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck

Other authors:Harriet Parke
Info:Threshold Editions (2012), Hardcover, 304 pages
Rating:***

Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck

I read Glenn Beck, but only non-fiction, so I had no idea what to expect. After I started reading, I couldn’t put the book down and read half of it in one sitting. “Citizens have two primary goals in the new Republic: to create clean energy and to create new human life.” Like Brad Thor, I (very humbly) compare this book in importance to 1984. Like in Orwell’s reality-based fiction, Agenda 21 tells the tale of a left-wing, fascistic society, where Mother Earth has priority over human beings. But unlike the dystopian fiction “The Handmaid’s Tale,” where rape is described and it is still considered appropriate for minors, Glenn Beck’s book will certainly never find a place in the Young Adult area of any library in this country. I found many similarities with our reality: children being brainwashed by the State (think “public” education/libraries); harsh government rules/regulations crippling the economy; the life of animals/plants held in higher regard than humans; energy-generating bicycles (Ed Begley comes to mind); people expecting government to take care of them (Welfare, Food Stamps, Medicare, Medicaid comes to mind); recycle-mania; petroleum-phobia (hello, Daryl Hannah!); manipulation of historical facts (hello, world media!); the utopian idea of equality (yeah, it worked so well in Russia); etc, etc, etc. Beck clearly did in-depth research on the agenda of Agenda 21. If you can’t put politics and your dislike of the author aside, read at least the book’s Afterword: you will learn facts that will send cold shivers down your spine. And if you still think Beck is just a nut job and the UN’s Agenda 21 is well meant, read BEHIND THE GREEN MASK - U.N. AGENDA 21
by Rosathe Koire and check links below. One can’t deny facts—well, at least not yet…
- http://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com
- https://gop.com/platform/american-exceptionalism/#Item12
- http://americanpolicy.org/2011/03/31/agenda-21-in-one-easy-lesson
- https://www.facebook.com/Stopping-Agenda-21-and-sustainable-development-200953626623622/
- http://www.the912-project.com/agenda-21 ( )
  MrsRK | Nov 21, 2016 |
Emmaline is devastated when her mother is taken away by the authorities. She is left living with Jeremy, a greasy haired, insolent teen who is her assigned partner with whom she is supposed to have a child. Set in the former US in a dystopian near future, when Emmaline was small the population was rounded up and sent to live in compounds so that nature could be preserved.

Emmaline, whose assigned job is to walk an energy producing board for hours each day, is relieved that Jeremy shows no interest in her and has refused to touch her. She misses her kind first partner, George, who disappeared along with her father, and their baby that was taken from her at birth to be raised with all other babies and children under 14. Fertile individuals are paired according to the whims of the authorities. In the weeks following her mother's disappearance, she comes to know David, a night guardian who starts giving her eggs to supplement her diet, and John, a friend of her parents she hadn't met before who sneaks by at night to talk with her. Gradually, Emmaline begins to question the ways of the authorities in ways beyond what her mother implied, and gradually comes to the unsettling discovery that not only is everyone not really equal, but that when people disappear it's much more dreadful than she had allowed herself to realize.

This book is a fictional look at what could happen if the UN's Agenda 21 were to be taken to the extreme. I gave it 5 stars not so much for the politics of it, but because it was well written, kept me on the edge of my seat, got me interested in Emmaline and provoked deep thought. ( )
  Karin7 | Jan 20, 2016 |
A quick and easy read. ( )
  Marion_B | Jan 19, 2016 |
Eye opening, quick read. The story itself is pretty simplistic but the connection to the UN's Agenda 21 is chilling. I am not a gloom and doom person but this book was a wake up call. I'll be spending more time learning about Agenda 21. ( )
  becka11y2 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Ok, Glenn Beck can get on my nerves at times. That said, I love this book. Set in the not so near future, the government has taken control of every aspect of our lives. We must walk on treadmills to produce energy or we get no food. If we don't produce, we are taken 'away'. We no longer can go where we want to go or say what we want to say. You may think this is a work of fiction, but it is based on a Agenda 21, a movement started in California. I will leave it at that. Beck, whether you agree with his ideas or not, has a way of making you think.
  wearylibrarian | Dec 28, 2015 |

Glenn Beckprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parke, Harrietsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To all those who hold fast to the spirit of the American Dream Labs; the storytellers like Harriet who seek the hard facts and then find new ways to expose, enlighten, inspire and spread courage across the entire world.
They took mother away today.
[The purpose of Agenda 21 is] to promote patterns of consumption and production that reduce environmental stress and meet the basic needs of society--AGENDA 21, CHAPTER 4, OBJECTIVE 7.A
Humanity stands at a defining moment in history. We are confronted with a perpetuation of disparities between and within nations, a worsening of poverty, hunger, ill health and illiteracy, and the continuing deterioration of the ecosystems on which we depend for our well-being.
  The developmental and environmental objectives of Agenda 21 will require a substantial flow of new and additional financial resources to developing countries....Financial resources are also required for strengthening the capacity of international institutions for the implementation of Agenda 21.
  This process marks the beginning of new global partnership for sustainable development.--PREAMBLE, AGENDA 21, UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE, RIO DE JANEIRO, JUNE 1992

When the government comes for her mother, Emmeline embarks on a plan to save her family and expose the truth behind the objectives of the United Nations' agenda 21.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,640,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible