Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck

Authors:Glenn Beck
Other authors:Harriet Parke
Info:Threshold Editions (2012), Hardcover, 304 pages

Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck

If you're not familiar with Agenda 21, I will quote from the publication itself: Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments and Major Groups in every area in which human impacts on the environment. This is a short dystopian novel which takes Agenda 21 to it's imagined worst case scenario of implementation in which humans are relegated to small settlements in order to minimize the impact of humans on the environment. People are assigned sections, mates and work, including a quota of energy production. Food and water is rationed. There are no individual rights and people who do not meet the standard and people who question the system, disappear. Creepy. ( )
  nittnut | Jul 19, 2015 |
This was a great book. I would read it again and recommend it to everyone that I know. It brings us face to face with the reality of what happens when we surrender our rights, decisions, and values to others. It makes us ask...could this really happen... ( )
  LadyReadA | Feb 4, 2015 |
Pretty descent dystopia novel about a not too far away future where life mimics the totalitarian state of The Republic.

A quick read shouldn't take more than a day or two. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
I know Glenn Beck has many enemies, but I loved this book. I wish it would have been fleshed out a little better, but the concept is crazy. Please realize this was co-authored by Glen Beck. Pretty scary stuff either way. ( )
  elleayess | Mar 22, 2014 |
This book was available in the browsing area of the library instead of the book I wanted to read. So, knowing that it was likely to be terribly insipid, I undertook its reading. My prediction was fully validated. This is the book for you if you dislike 9th grade+ vocabulary or moral ambiguity.

Perhaps my willingness to have read this book indicates some terrible self-loathing anti-intellectualism for which I should seek immediate psychological treatment. If someone had made me read this, I would report it to the police. ( )
  tororojo | Aug 25, 2013 |

Glenn Beckprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parke, Harrietsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To all those who hold fast to the spirit of the American Dream Labs; the storytellers like Harriet who seek the hard facts and then find new ways to expose, enlighten, inspire and spread courage across the entire world.
They took mother away today.
[The purpose of Agenda 21 is] to promote patterns of consumption and production that reduce environmental stress and meet the basic needs of society--AGENDA 21, CHAPTER 4, OBJECTIVE 7.A
Humanity stands at a defining moment in history. We are confronted with a perpetuation of disparities between and within nations, a worsening of poverty, hunger, ill health and illiteracy, and the continuing deterioration of the ecosystems on which we depend for our well-being.
  The developmental and environmental objectives of Agenda 21 will require a substantial flow of new and additional financial resources to developing countries....Financial resources are also required for strengthening the capacity of international institutions for the implementation of Agenda 21.
  This process marks the beginning of new global partnership for sustainable development.--PREAMBLE, AGENDA 21, UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE, RIO DE JANEIRO, JUNE 1992

When the government comes for her mother, Emmeline embarks on a plan to save her family and expose the truth behind the objectives of the United Nations' agenda 21.

7 wanted1 pay4 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,688,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible