City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (2008)

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments (2), Shadowhunters (2.2)

English (364)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (369)
W drugiej części Darów Anioła pojawiło się znacznie mniej wypowiedzi, które nadałyby się do kabaretu. Całość wydaje się poważniejsza i bardziej wciągająca. Z coraz większym zainteresowaniem śledziłam losy bohaterów i przyznam, że wyczekiwałam trzeciego tomu. Książka nie jest jakaś wybitnie genialna ale miło spędziłam z nią wolny czas. Jest tak przepełniona akcją, że na ponad 400 stronach opisanych jest zaledwie kilka dni. Z tego powodu też trudno było mi ją odłożyć. Na pewno sięgnę po trzeci tom! ( )
  gosiakula | Jan 2, 2019 |
This is a great second book to a great series. Clary is still all about saving her mom. I love how we find out some small things about her past and some things to remember for the next book. There are lots of clues in this book. I just loved that. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
So good! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
This was a marvelous little addition to Alec and Magnus' story. It was adorable, and I personally am quite fond of both Alec and Magnus as individual characters. It was nice to spend some time outside of the whole Jace/Clary/Simon and all the other messes that make up the fabulous-ness that is these books--we got to see a fairly normal scene where one character asks another out. No running, no drama, just sweetness.
  whatsmacksaid | Sep 21, 2018 |
Works as a second volume. Clary is still as enjoyable as a teenager can be and gains powers. Nobody really dies, but I guess that's ok. The evil father Valentine is a bit generic in his evilness. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |

Clare, Cassandraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Violine, MelodyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
I believe I am in Hell, therefore I am.
-Arthur Rimbaud
Before me things created were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.
-Dante, Inferno
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon. (Novelist)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,672,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible