Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (2008)

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments (2), Shadowhunters (2.2)

English (365)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (370)
I did enjoy the book, but the only thing I didn't like was the long drawn out conversations and many of the boring parts of the book. Once I got past those parts, the book was enjoyable and made me want to keep reading.

I have a pretty good idea on what may be coming between Jace & Clary but even still, I found some things kind of....ick! A bit too much for me..but, hopefully what I'm thinking about those two will happen and it can move on. Hopefully it was take place in City of Glass and she doesn't continue to drag it out. If she does, that may be the part that frustrates me the most. Those who have read it, may have an idea of what I am talking about here (but I do not want spoilers!) Those who haven't? Well, sorry if even this much seems "spoiler-y" :-)

I will take each book as they come and that will determine if I am willing to continue to give this series a try. I really do want to finish it so I can give the other series a chance as well. I'm wanting to know where she takes it and what it's about (again, no spoilers please. I like going into books not knowing a whole lot, just enough to see if it's something I'd be willing to try) ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
*_* ( )
  elerwen | May 29, 2019 |
Clare has done an excellent job of bringing this series to life. The plot seems so much more thought out than others in this genre. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
W drugiej części Darów Anioła pojawiło się znacznie mniej wypowiedzi, które nadałyby się do kabaretu. Całość wydaje się poważniejsza i bardziej wciągająca. Z coraz większym zainteresowaniem śledziłam losy bohaterów i przyznam, że wyczekiwałam trzeciego tomu. Książka nie jest jakaś wybitnie genialna ale miło spędziłam z nią wolny czas. Jest tak przepełniona akcją, że na ponad 400 stronach opisanych jest zaledwie kilka dni. Z tego powodu też trudno było mi ją odłożyć. Na pewno sięgnę po trzeci tom! ( )
  gosiakula | Jan 2, 2019 |
This is a great second book to a great series. Clary is still all about saving her mom. I love how we find out some small things about her past and some things to remember for the next book. There are lots of clues in this book. I just loved that. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |

Clare, Cassandraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Violine, MelodyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
I believe I am in Hell, therefore I am.
-Arthur Rimbaud
Before me things created were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.
-Dante, Inferno
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon. (Novelist)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,473,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible