City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, Book…

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, Book 2) (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, Book 2)
Authors:Cassandra Clare (Author)
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2009), 512 pages
Collections:Fiction, Your library

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (2008)

English (347)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All (352)
I did enjoy the book, but the only thing I didn't like was the long drawn out conversations and many of the boring parts of the book. Once I got past those parts, the book was enjoyable and made me want to keep reading.

I have a pretty good idea on what may be coming between Jace & Clary but even still, I found some things kind of....ick! A bit too much for me..but, hopefully what I'm thinking about those two will happen and it can move on. Hopefully it was take place in City of Glass and she doesn't continue to drag it out. If she does, that may be the part that frustrates me the most. Those who have read it, may have an idea of what I am talking about here (but I do not want spoilers!) Those who haven't? Well, sorry if even this much seems "spoiler-y" :-)

I will take each book as they come and that will determine if I am willing to continue to give this series a try. I really do want to finish it so I can give the other series a chance as well. I'm wanting to know where she takes it and what it's about (again, no spoilers please. I like going into books not knowing a whole lot, just enough to see if it's something I'd be willing to try) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
My 2nd baby from my The Mortal Instruments book series. I am in love once again! In my opinion, this was better than the first one in so many ways. We get to see Clary's relationship with Simon (which I'm glad he had a moment of happiness before moving on), Clary and Jace dealing with their recent news and lots of fights that I so love. And let me tell you, that epilogue killed me in so many ways. I truly believe that was the best way to finish the book and I'm glad it ended that way. On to the 3rd book now! ( )
  SofiaReis | May 6, 2017 |
Since I really enjoyed the first book on Audiobook, I figured I would read this by audiobook as well. I know most people enjoyed this better than book 1, but I am the opposite. I think it was still good, but I did like book 1 better.

I am over the brother and sister romance. I know it may come out that they are not even siblings (do not tell me), but I just think it is weird and I do not care to see how much they lust for one another.

I really liked the ending on this one though! Again, it sets you up to want to grab the next book. I heard book 3 is amazing and I may actually read the physical copy. I definitely plan to continue with the series. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Apr 13, 2017 |
The last couple chapters....oh my god. ( )
  hungrylittlebookworm | Mar 27, 2017 |
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Violine, MelodyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

A lot has changed since Clary has found her way into the shadowhunters' world.
1) She and her friend Simon might be becoming more then just friends
2) She might have feelings for her new-found brother Jace, and there is a big chance he feels the same way
3) Valentine, an evil shadowhunter and her and Jace's father, is killing downworlders around New York, and Jace is still uncertain if he should join his father or not
The story of The City of Bones continues in the sequel City of Ashes!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,493,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible