City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments) by…

City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments) (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare

Member:kisimyn08
Title:City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2009), Paperback, 496 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Favorites

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (2008)

English (256)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (261)
Awesome book! I love the whole world. Most of all I love that Clary is so independent. Most books about a teen girl have her life revolving around getting a boy. Yes, there is a romance but it is not the only thing she thinks about. All the supporting characters are great too! I love the interactions with the Lightwoods and Simon! It has such great moments of levity when chaos is surrounding them!

Can't wait to start the next book. I have my guesses about where things are going.

grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

I love the extras from Jace's pov it makes himn seem like less of an asshat to me! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
While I don't love the series (so far), I do appreciate some things Clare has decided to do. Primarily, I appreciate that the teenagers don't save the world on their own. There is adult involvement in the fight and there are usually a few adults who guide the teens effectively.
That being said, I spent too much time rolling my eyes. We need incest? Really? ( )
  librarygurl | Oct 6, 2014 |
  librarygurl | Oct 6, 2014 |
It is mildly interesting and easy to read but seriously there are much better books than this. I have no idea why I can't stop. ( )
  lushrain | Sep 29, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

A lot has changed since Clary has found her way into the shadowhunters' world.
1) She and her friend Simon might be becoming more then just friends
2) She might have feelings for her new-found brother Jace, and there is a big chance he feels the same way
3) Valentine, an evil shadowhunter and her and Jace's father, is killing downworlders around New York, and Jace is still uncertain if he should join his father or not
The story of The City of Bones continues in the sequel City of Ashes!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:49 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,335,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible