City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments (Quality))…

City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments (Quality)) (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare

Member:melydia
Title:City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments (Quality))
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2009), Paperback, 496 pages
Collections:Read and Released
Tags:mortal instruments, ya, fantasy

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (2008)

English (325)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (330)
Honest moment: when the audio book ended I legit yelled at it. This weird guttural yell that was just a mess! I basically say "UHHHHHHH! NOOOO! WHY?!??!?!"

So yeah....5 stars!

For real though! This book was amazing! Some of the stuff was a super big mess that was confusing and not okay, so I have to admit that I googled something about Clary and a certain person so I would be able to live with hearing what I was hearing. Now I am dying! There is one person ahead of me on my library app for the next book on audio and I might die between now and then! But, hopefully I will get it soon and can continue where this story ended. I am so excited to see all what is going to come up next with Simon, Clary, Jace, and even Maya. Mostly Clary and a certain person...but you know! Trying not to do any major spoilers here! Oh, and now that I have read the first two book I feel like it should be save to try to see the movie(for a laugh) and then the tv show(to actually see how they do with it!). But all I want to do is throw a fit like a child between now and when the get the next audio book. It will be hard to get real adult life done if I make that choice....but I think I don't have as much control over that whole thing as I want! haha ( )
  DanaBurkey | Apr 10, 2016 |
27-Dec: I've just begun yesterday and I already reached Part 2, the book is really good, this series gets more interesting with every flip of a page, I can't get enough I really want to see what will happen next!! How will the author fix Jace and Clary's situation?! will they stay brother and a sister or will she suddenly bring a missing fact to the table?!
28-Dec: Chapter 8, The Seelie Court. p.159-163: I believe this was the best kiss in history, and especially now that I am sure that Jace is not Clary's brother. and for God sake can anybody remove Simon from the book? he really annoys me!! I was so impressed by the author's description of the Fairies World, she made it seem so real, full of new information and beauty.
29-Dec: I am so happy that Simon is dating Maia and leaving Clary!! But then again I was disappointed that Jace decided otherwise!! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
A stunning sequel to an epic fantasy series. ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
The mortal instruments is getting darker with every turn of the page; and with it drawing me in even more.
I can't believe I let this sit on my bookshelf for so long. But then I have a lot of books in this situation. City of Ashes is everything that an urban fantasy novel should be. The characters are well bodied and each has their own personality, the plot has many twists and turns, and the environment is something truly for the imagination. ( )
  purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

A lot has changed since Clary has found her way into the shadowhunters' world.
1) She and her friend Simon might be becoming more then just friends
2) She might have feelings for her new-found brother Jace, and there is a big chance he feels the same way
3) Valentine, an evil shadowhunter and her and Jace's father, is killing downworlders around New York, and Jace is still uncertain if he should join his father or not
The story of The City of Bones continues in the sequel City of Ashes!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,255,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible