City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02 by…

City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02 (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2008), Gebundene Ausgabe, 480 Seiten

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (2008)

English (351)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All (356)
This books was great. I love fantasy adventure stories. Vampires. Werewolves. Warlocks. Demons. Awesome.

The characters are easy to get attached too and I love being able to see everyone point of view. There is so much to follow and so many different things it just makes the story really great. All the details and twists and turns. It's the making of an epic story.

I really want this to be made into a movie. Like really really badly. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
8/8/2016
Now I understand why everyone loves this series. The writing style is getting better and better, the story never stops being intruiging, and the characters are wonderfully fleshed out, I love all of them, especially the minor ones, a notable example being Magnus, who is just phenomenal. Simon is the only one I found annoying, but by the end of the book I warmed up to him as well. Also, this might be the only love triangle I have ever liked, it is so well-done, and I didn't find it annoying or unnecessary at all. I think that the multiple perspectives work really well in these books, so I really don't have anything to complain about, except for the cliffhanger at the end, but I guess that can be forgiven.
If you haven't read this series yet, then.... I don't know what to tell you. It really is worth it.

4/6/2014
i read the first 200 pages and then i gave up. it just didn't hold my interest. i found it boring. i think somewhere after the first 50 pages i stopped reading it for pleasure and started reading it because i felt like i had to.
i really wanted to read this series, just so i could read the infernal devices because everyone is saying how good that trilogy is. but i can't. i just can't.
i'm just going to watch the movie if there is going to be one.

Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Another easy-to-get-lost in novel set in a fantasy world. The second of the trilogy, it is a good one, although it doesn't stand powerfully on it's own like the first one. I get the feeling that each of these books should be telling a smaller story that adds into a complete story that spans all three books, but I'm not getting those small stories as mush as I am getting the complete story. The sheer amount of characters that are mentioned - presented, described as though they are of pointed significance, and then dropped never to be heard from again - makes the book a bit confusing, but it does add to the world that Ms. Clare has created for her characters, of which the most significant are fairly well developed. All in all, this was a great book to get lost in, and despite it's uncomplicated nature, quite entertaining. ( )
  J9Plourde | Jun 13, 2017 |
Ho avuto il piacere di iniziarlo e finirlo in un giorno. Questa saga mi ha veramente appassionata e coinvolta come poche volte è accaduto. Posso dire che, visto le aspettative che avevo Cassandra Clare le ha superate nettamente regalandoci un secondo cappitolo che cattura coinvolge e dove, non mi stancherò mai di dirlo, abbiamo un 'cattivo' come dio comanda! Entusiasta, sono veramente entusiasta di questo libro e non vedo l'ora di leggere il terzo! Simon, Clary e Jace sono un triangolo particolare dove si gettano e si ritirano seguento i loro cuoricini da adolescenti... un urband fantasy con una spolverata di 'rosa' che rende il tutto più interessante invece che stucchevole che accade di solito. Assoluramente consigliato agli amanti del genere. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
I did enjoy the book, but the only thing I didn't like was the long drawn out conversations and many of the boring parts of the book. Once I got past those parts, the book was enjoyable and made me want to keep reading.

I have a pretty good idea on what may be coming between Jace & Clary but even still, I found some things kind of....ick! A bit too much for me..but, hopefully what I'm thinking about those two will happen and it can move on. Hopefully it was take place in City of Glass and she doesn't continue to drag it out. If she does, that may be the part that frustrates me the most. Those who have read it, may have an idea of what I am talking about here (but I do not want spoilers!) Those who haven't? Well, sorry if even this much seems "spoiler-y" :-)

I will take each book as they come and that will determine if I am willing to continue to give this series a try. I really do want to finish it so I can give the other series a chance as well. I'm wanting to know where she takes it and what it's about (again, no spoilers please. I like going into books not knowing a whole lot, just enough to see if it's something I'd be willing to try) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Violine, MelodyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

A lot has changed since Clary has found her way into the shadowhunters' world.
1) She and her friend Simon might be becoming more then just friends
2) She might have feelings for her new-found brother Jace, and there is a big chance he feels the same way
3) Valentine, an evil shadowhunter and her and Jace's father, is killing downworlders around New York, and Jace is still uncertain if he should join his father or not
The story of The City of Bones continues in the sequel City of Ashes!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,107,419 books! | Top bar: Always visible