City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02 by…

City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02 (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2008), Gebundene Ausgabe, 480 Seiten

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (2008)

English (252)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (257)
It is mildly interesting and easy to read but seriously there are much better books than this. I have no idea why I can't stop. ( )
  lushrain | Sep 29, 2014 |
When last we saw Valentine, he had disappeared with the Mortal Cup leaving behind a changed world for Clary and her friends. Her mother is still in a coma, her best friend Simon has become a vampire, while her feelings for her brother Jace have become more and more complicated. Read the rest of the review on my blog "Should I read it or not?" Are you following my blog yet? Why not?: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/city-of-ashes-cassandra-clare... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
This second book is better than the first but I still had problems with it. I got a bit fed up of a certain character being put in jeopardy at least three times and was saved (or resurrected) each time so I never really felt that any of them were in any real danger of dying. I liked Alec and Magnus more and I'm feeling more sympathy for Clary and Jace. I had to take a peek at some spoilers to get me interested in the third book and as it is the last I will finish the series but again I will need a break after reading this - it must be a blockbuster for so many to give it 5 stars. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
* Review of first three books on Book 3, City of Glass, at https://www.librarything.com/work/5615413/reviews/112633634 . ( )
  lquilter | Sep 22, 2014 |
Children are being killed and it is up to the power of two teenage Shadowhunters to convince the Clave that the murderer is really their father, Valentine, and stop him before he can summon a demon army and attack the Clave. City of Ashes is a thrilling fantasy novel about two underage Shadowhunters, one of which happens to be untrained, who have to stop their father in order to assure the safety of the Clave and the human race. Clary Fray, a kind considerate girl who tends to run into situations without thinking and the only person she’s ever truly loved just happens to be her brother. Jace Wayland, Clary’s older brother who is extremely brave and smart, but tends to have a temper with his younger sister. These two Nephilim must do everything in their power to travel all around New York City to stop their father and save the Clave from being put under attack.
As soon as Maryse Lightwood gets home from her trip to the Shadowhunter country Idris, she immediately banishes her adopted son, Jace, from their home at the Shadowhunter institute. Soon after, Jace is accused of helping his father rise back to power and relocated to the cruelest Shadowhunter prison in New York, deep under the City of Bones. While locked away, Jace comes face to face with Valentine in his conquest to steal the soul-sword, his second mortal instrument. With it, and the blood of a few Downworlders, he can create a demon army that can destroy anybody standing in his way to kill all of the Downworlders. While Jace is being accused of helping Valentine, Clary is trying to create a plan to stop Valentine from getting the blood of 4 Downworld children to perform a ritual to control the demons. When Jace and Clary find out where Valentine is performing this ritual, nothing will stop them from keeping Valentine from controlling the ritual.
This is a very well written book. There were times where I could feel the fear and pain that Clary and Jace felt. When Clary began to think that it was Valentine killing the Downworld children, I could feel exactly how scared that she would have been. I think that this is a very good book and recommend it to teenagers around thirteen or fourteen years old. The only thing that should be criticized about this book is the love interest. It was extremely overcomplicated and pointless to the plot. The story would have been much better and saved a lot of time without reading about how Clary was in love with someone but not able to be with him.
  Jobe14 | Sep 18, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

A lot has changed since Clary has found her way into the shadowhunters' world.
1) She and her friend Simon might be becoming more then just friends
2) She might have feelings for her new-found brother Jace, and there is a big chance he feels the same way
3) Valentine, an evil shadowhunter and her and Jace's father, is killing downworlders around New York, and Jace is still uncertain if he should join his father or not
The story of The City of Bones continues in the sequel City of Ashes!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:49 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,975,081 books! | Top bar: Always visible