City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02 by…

City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02 (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Ashes. Chroniken der Unterwelt 02
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2008), Gebundene Ausgabe, 480 Seiten

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (2008)

English (345)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All (350)
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |
This book is kind of like New Moon was. Dark and depressing and you want to read it so fast because you just know it has to get better. It has to. Fantasy can not be as depressing as real life.

Gosh this book is sooooo good. I went to BN last night and got the 3rd. Super series. I so do not want it to end. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
I listened to the audiobook of this one as well. I think I figured out my major issues with audiobooks. It's when they switch narrators from one book to the next, I had a really hard time getting into this at first because of it. I also didn't enjoy the book as much as the first one though it was still really good. Parts of the book seemed to be there only to advance the plot to continue the series. I was relieved what I figured would happen to the character of Simon finally happened. I figured out there was going to be something along those lines happen about the middle of the first book. It's still a great series to read/listen to and I can't wait for the next book in the series to be returned to the library so I can continue listening. ( )
  Diana_Long_Thomas | Jan 27, 2017 |
I liked this book way better than the first one. The world really opened up. So much extra was shown in this shadowhunter universe. The storyline and writing drew me in more. There were so many comparison hints between Jace and Jesus. I wonder if that's leading somewhere. A lot of Christianity is involved as well as traditional paranormal fantasy elements, and Jace & Clary finding new powers kinda has a Matrix feel. I like the mix. The new twist with Simon kinda brings him more into the fold. Whatever is going on between Alec and Magnus has my interest. Besides being gay, they have the issue of being in separate circles. The Inquisitor's 180 after seeing Jace's scar is also stuck in my head. The biggest draw to me is the attraction between Jace and Clary. Maybe that's weird of me, but I just feel the connection.
4—4.5 stars

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Violine, MelodyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Bitter Language

I know your streets, sweet city,
I know the demons and angels that flock
and roost in your boughs like birds.
I know you, river, as if you flowed through my heart.
I am your warrior daughter.
There are letters made of your body
as a fountain is made of water.
There are languages
of which you are the blueprint
and as we speak them
the city rises.
-Elka Cloke
For my father, who is not evil. Well, maybe a little bit.
The formidable glass-and-steel structure rose from its position on Front Street like a glittering needle threading the sky.

A lot has changed since Clary has found her way into the shadowhunters' world.
1) She and her friend Simon might be becoming more then just friends
2) She might have feelings for her new-found brother Jace, and there is a big chance he feels the same way
3) Valentine, an evil shadowhunter and her and Jace's father, is killing downworlders around New York, and Jace is still uncertain if he should join his father or not
The story of The City of Bones continues in the sequel City of Ashes!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743572750, Audio CD)

Welcome back to the exotic world beyond the shadows...

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace.How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Clary continues trying to make sense of the swiftly changing events and relationships in her life as she becomes further involved with the Shadowhunters and their pursuit of demons and discovers some terrifying truths about her parents, her brother Jace, and her boyfriend Simon.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,196,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible