Annabel: A Delirium Short Story (0.5) by…

Annabel: A Delirium Short Story (0.5) (edition 2012)

by Lauren Oliver

Member:MelissaVick
Title:Annabel: A Delirium Short Story (0.5)
Authors:Lauren Oliver
Info:
Rating:***
Tags:Post Apolcalyptic, Dystopian, Short Story, Delirium Series

Annabel by Lauren Oliver

I really enjoyed this, I have just recently discovered the Delirium series and this was def. a good start

Full review at
http://kindreddreamheart.blogspot.com/2014/03/review-annabel-delirium-05-by-laur... ( )

Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
Great short story, I enjoyed learning about Lena's mothers past. ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I can't explain why but I LOVE Annabel. :)

Okay. Since I got my sleep, I think I could explain now as to why I love Annabel. She is one strong woman. Even the THEN, she's strong and she do what she wants and believes in. Guess that's it. :) I don't know what to say. LOL. ( )
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |

Lena Halloway's mother, Annabel, supposedly committed suicide when Lena was only six years old. That's the lie that Lena grew up believing, but the truth is very different. As a rebellious teenager, Annabel ran away from home and straight into the man she knew she was destined to marry. The world was different then—the regulations not as stringent, the cure only a decade old. Fast forward to the present, and Annabel is consigned to a dirty prison cell, where she nurtures her hope of escape and scratches one word over and over into the walls: Love.

But Annabel, like Lena, is a fighter. Through chapters that alternate between her past and present, Annabel reveals the story behind her failed cures, her marriage, the births of her children, her imprisonment, and, ultimately, her daring escape.

This collection of short stories set in the Delirium world centers around Hana Tate, Lena's mother Annabel and the fierce rebel leader of the Wilds Raven. Each story was published originally as a digital novella. This collection also includes an excerpt from Requiem, the final novel in Oliver's New York Times bestselling series.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,352,270 books! | Top bar: Always visible