Annabel: A Delirium Short Story (0.5) by…

Annabel: A Delirium Short Story (0.5) (edition 2012)

by Lauren Oliver

66None179,646 (3.69)2
Member:MelissaVick
Title:Annabel: A Delirium Short Story (0.5)
Authors:Lauren Oliver
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:***
Tags:Post Apolcalyptic, Dystopian, Short Story, Delirium Series

Annabel by Lauren Oliver

Great short story, I enjoyed learning about Lena's mothers past. ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I can't explain why but I LOVE Annabel. :)

Okay. Since I got my sleep, I think I could explain now as to why I love Annabel. She is one strong woman. Even the THEN, she's strong and she do what she wants and believes in. Guess that's it. :) I don't know what to say. LOL. ( )
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |
SPOILERS FOR DELIRIUM BELOW

This short story (it took me about ten minutes to read it) details two things, both in Annabel's perspective: how Annabel met Lena's father, Conrad (then) and how Annabel escaped from the Crypts (now). It's extremely short, too short, really; I want to read so much more from Annabel's perspective, because she's an awesome character, and there's so much I want to learn. How did her marriage with Conrad work (those who have read this story know what I mean)?

Still, this is a good addition to the Delirium world, and I look forward to reading more of this author's work. ( )
  schatzi | Aug 22, 2013 |
I'm giving this one a 3.5, honestly.

Annabell --

There is so much going on here. I wanted so much more, and that was with devouring every single inch of extra we got. I love Lena's mom, and how much more of her we got to see. All the little defined pieces. I wish we'd gotten more, and I wish I knew already where it was going to go in the next book. I'm just. Yes. More. Please. The woman/mother who could not be stopped, who loved her children with every single fierce beat of her heart and had sock-dance parties. Tell me everything ever about her.

Requiem Preview --

I want to throw my hands up and flail them about so much. Lena. Alex. Hana. Joshua. Babies! I can't wait to see what happens to you, and I'm predicting so much bout what comes from this one, especially now that the two most important people in Lena's life have been Cured. Guh. More please? More please, now? ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |
I liked that this character's point of view was explained. As Lena's mother, you want to know what was going through her head while she was trapped in the Crypts. ( )
  Dauntless | Apr 29, 2013 |

Lena Halloway's mother, Annabel, supposedly committed suicide when Lena was only six years old. That's the lie that Lena grew up believing, but the truth is very different. As a rebellious teenager, Annabel ran away from home and straight into the man she knew she was destined to marry. The world was different then—the regulations not as stringent, the cure only a decade old. Fast forward to the present, and Annabel is consigned to a dirty prison cell, where she nurtures her hope of escape and scratches one word over and over into the walls: Love.

But Annabel, like Lena, is a fighter. Through chapters that alternate between her past and present, Annabel reveals the story behind her failed cures, her marriage, the births of her children, her imprisonment, and, ultimately, her daring escape.

This collection of short stories set in the Delirium world centers around Hana Tate, Lena's mother Annabel and the fierce rebel leader of the Wilds Raven. Each story was published originally as a digital novella. This collection also includes an excerpt from Requiem, the final novel in Oliver's New York Times bestselling series.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible