Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt

Scaredy Squirrel (edition 2008)

by Melanie Watt, Melanie Watt (Illustrator)

Member:marcottm
Title:Scaredy Squirrel
Authors:Melanie Watt
Other authors:Melanie Watt (Illustrator)
Info:Kids Can Press, Ltd. (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 40 pages

Scaredy Squirrel by Mélanie Watt

Recently added byprivate library, shelli417, vnfc, eyelevelbooks

I liked this book because of the creative format in which it was written, the playful illustrations, and the relatable main character. The author didn’t just write the story with straight forward and short sentences, she added charts, lists, and creative illustrations, which added to the meaning of the story. The story was predictable but in the best way possible, causing me to laugh at the illustrations and plot line; I think that is a fantastic reaction for a book to give someone. The writing was engaging, pulling me towards the next page. The illustrations really added to the story, allowing the reader to somehow relate to the monotonous life and fears of a little squirrel. “Scaredy Squirrel” is afraid to leave his home tree which is comfortable and safe. I think this is so relatable as we have all felt at some point or another a fear to leave what is comfortable to us. Overall, this book encourages readers to shake up their normal routines and take a step out of their comfort zone.
  crodge3 | Feb 5, 2019 |
This story is about a squirrel named Scaredy Squirrel. Scaredy Squirrel never wants to leave his home because he is afraid of what will happen when he does. One day the unexpected happens and Scaredy Squirrel must leave his home. These unexpected events or accidents that occur in his life force Scaredy Squirrel outside his comfort zone and force him to explore the world that is outside his front door and that it is okay to explore things where the outcome may be unknown. I liked this book because it helps to see another perspective of how children may be feeling about embarking on new journeys in their life. Kids, including me at some points in my life, are sometimes scared to try new things, and this book may help kids see it is okay to venture outside their comfort zone and embark on new adventures. ( )
  cconsolian | Dec 2, 2018 |
Scaredy Squirrel never leaves his nut tree. It's way too dangerous out there. He could encounter tarantulas, green Martians or killer bees. But in his tree, every day is the same and if danger comes along, he's well-prepared. Scaredy Squirrel's emergency kit includes antibacterial soap, Band-Aids and a parachute.

Day after day he watches and waits, and waits and watches, until one day ... his worst nightmare comes true! Scaredy suddenly finds himself out of his tree, where germs, poison ivy and sharks lurk.

But as Scaredy Squirrel leaps into the unknown, he discovers something really uplifting ... (amazon)
  zahanse1 | Nov 4, 2018 |
A cute story with good lessons about being brave and enjoying the world. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 8, 2018 |
Scaredy Squirrel is scared of everything and prefers to stay home in his tree. But when he loses his beloved emergency kit, he jumps to save it and realizes he can fly!
  RachaelBunch | Apr 9, 2018 |

Scaredy Squirrel is afraid to leave his nut tree because of all the dangers, but one day a bee invades Scaredy's nest and he leaps into the unknown.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,448,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible