Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt

Scaredy Squirrel (edition 2008)

by Melanie Watt, Melanie Watt (Illustrator)

Member:pjhugs
Title:Scaredy Squirrel
Authors:Melanie Watt
Other authors:Melanie Watt (Illustrator)
Info:Kids Can Press, Ltd. (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 42 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Rating:*****

Scaredy Squirrel by Mélanie Watt

This book is very different from many others that I have read thus far. It includes many different illustrations such as an escape and safety plan and a chart that shows what scaredy squirrely does through at the day at specific hours. These illustrations keep the reader engaged through out the entire book, even from the beginning of the book. This book is different because it starts with a summary of what is going to happen through out the book and it ends with a comparison to the author.
I think that this author used this book to express how she follows a set routine everyday and very rarely changes that routine. She does not like change and likes to feel secure in her safety. This book may relate to some children who are afraid of leaving their comfort zone, whether it may be home or just a feeling. They can use this book to reflect on how change may not always be a bad thing.
This book can be used to teach lessons on setting a routine or coming up with ways to overcome a fear. A great lesson to also be learned from this book is that when you try something new, you may excel past your expectations. The illustrations in this book are very colorful, exciting and humorous. I enjoyed reading this book.
  lfasce1 | Oct 21, 2014 |
I did and did not like this book for two reasons. One reason I liked this book was for the way it was written. I really liked how it was not written like a typical story. There were charts and diagrams that went a long with the story that described his daily life. I also liked how there were captions pointing to the picture that further explained parts of the story. I thought that this made the book fun to read. One reason I did not like this book was because of the plot. I didn't really understand the events of the story. I thought that the story was very short and it could have had more. Overall, I think that the message of this story is to be brave and do things that you may be afraid to do otherwise. ( )
  akwon3 | Oct 15, 2014 |
This book explains the predictable day in the life of a scared to death squirrel. Everything is the same daily, except an unexpected guest makes an appearance. The squirrel's plans are changed and his routine is changed. I loved the illustrations in the book. ( )
  Kbernard | Jul 18, 2014 |
I like this book as a social story book. It helps students who may have the same issue of being afraid of something. They can see how Scaredy Squirrel overcomes this fear. It gives kids the realization that others may feel like they do and that is ok but there are ways to overcome that.
  nicholew | Jun 1, 2014 |
This was absolutely adorable, and I as a parent connected a lot with this writers style and humor. My daughter and I wonder what will be next these humorous books. Very wordy and entertaining, filled with list making and many puns. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |

Meet Scaredy Squirrel, a squirrel who never leaves his nut tree because he's afraid of the unknown "out there." But then, something unexpected happens that may just change his outlook.

128 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,041,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible