The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April…

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die

by April Henry

Meh. Its a very short book and its a very action packed book. But, it wasn't great. Not sure what it is about this book that didn't really 'hook' me but it just wasn't great. Meh is really the best way to describe it. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
It was just okay for me. There were some glaring plot holes that I could see a teen overlooking but hard for me.
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
I thought it was ultimately pretty simplistic, even for a YA book. Probably the biggest flaw that I noticed is a tendency toward telling rather than showing. While it's good to close plot holes, it quickly becomes tedious to have it be done in such a fashion. For example, one character who cannot possibly know exact events will recount them to the character that does know purely for the sake of the reader. But, this of course becomes a plot issue all its own. Now outside of this, while I disliked the first-person narration, it did soon grow on me quite a bit, and the central plot at the start of the book is extremely intriguing. Events did seem to soon stretch well beyond the point of reasonable believability, but it was still an interesting ride. While I didn't really love it, the book was still a quick and worthwhile read. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Feb 4, 2018 |
A very exciting, fast-paced first half, followed by a somewhat disappointing end run. What starts off as Bourne Identity finishes a little big Scooby Doo.

*Highly recommend for students/fans of I am the Weapon series. ( )
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
Reminded me of a female version of The Bourne Identity to begin with. Story moved along quickly with plenty of intrigue and action to keep your attention. ( )
  SueS7 | Feb 2, 2016 |
Day 1, 4:51p.m. - I wake up. But wake up isn't quite right. That implies sleeping. A bed. A pillow. I come to. Instead of a pillow, my right cheek is pressed against something hard, rough, and gritty. A worn wood floor.

“Take her out back and finish her off.”

She doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know where she is, or why. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her.

And that she must run.

In her riveting style, April Henry crafts a nail-biting thriller involving murder, identity theft, and biological warfare. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the clock to stay alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

"She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know where she is, or why. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her. And that she must run. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the clock to stay alive"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,819,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible