Souvenir and three more…

Souvenir and three more not-quite-straightforward tales (edition 2012)

by Daniel Kelley

Title:Souvenir and three more not-quite-straightforward tales
Authors:Daniel Kelley

Souvenir and three more not-quite-straightforward tales by Daniel Kelley

English (22)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (23)
These stories reminded me of Goosebumps, but more YA then for younger children. Each contained a suspenseful theme with a twist. I particularly enjoyed Souvenir, which was creepy and kept my attention. Photo Finish seemed a little out of place, the language geared more towards an older reader. Overall, these were imaginative tale that were fun and easy to read. ( )
  Nica6 | Oct 20, 2016 |
These are really quirky short stories that would appeal especially to young adults. Each is different although a supernatural theme runs through all of them. Didn't take long to read however definitely worth reading. ( )
  scot2 | Feb 13, 2016 |
I enjoyed these stories. In my opinion, they were written and put together well. All the stories were thought out nicely, and each was cohesive and left nothing to question. Of all the stories, I liked "Little Sister," the most. I thought it was a particularly interesting idea.

I did have have two "issues" with the stories, although these are nit-picky and should be taken as my opinion, not an accurate assessment of the works. For me, the endings were a bit predictable. I can't, however, say this will be the case for everyone. I tend to enjoy dark and speculative fiction as well as the horror and science fiction genres, but for those not usually fans of the the more "extreme" contained within those categories, I believe you may be surprised by the endings and enjoy the stories quite a bit. Also, I thought the dialogue in the female voice(s) was a bit off; I am NOT someone who believes that an author shouldn't write from the perspective of the opposite gender, in fact, many authors do this very successfully. I wouldn't say that Daniel Kelley didn't pull it off, but I couldn't help but see the influences of a man's take on a woman, and possibly a bit of stereotypical views, on the dialogue. The male voice(s) was excellent!

All that being said, I did enjoy the collection of stories and thought they were well-done. ( )
  Amy_Jesionowski | Nov 3, 2015 |
The collection of these very well written and entertaining stories entail: Karma, Escape from Reality, Intuition, and Psychic Phenomenon. Daniel Kelley Novels and stories are always so well written. They just seem to flow as I read them. I glanced through some of the other customers’ reviews and was surprised that "Little Sister" wasn't a favorite. I believe that I understand where the writer was going with that story. All four were my favorites! Thank you for a great afternoon. ( )
  LINIE | Oct 26, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

Amazing! This is yet another collection of short stories that are well written. The characters and each storyline are well developed. Daniel Kelley has such an easy flowing unique style of writing that captures readers from the beginning. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Jun 30, 2014 |

Collection of short stories

Daniel Kelley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,778,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible