The Rules for Disappearing (Rules, The) by…

The Rules for Disappearing (Rules, The)

by Ashley Elston

1772067,048 (3.63)2
    Doomed by Tracy Deebs (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: the same hollywood style type of action

English (19)  Dutch (1)  All (20)
Who hasn't spent a large chunk of their time thinking about the Witness Protection Program and what that must be like for a teenager? That is a great idea for a book! When I stumbled across The Rules for Disappearing I was pumped for the amazing story I imagined would be inside. I pictured something with suspense, intrigue, shady characters and situations. Basically the story I had concocted in my mind was all kinds of fantastical and yes, maybe even legendary. What I got wasn't quite as awesome as the story I had imagined in my mind. I have just so many issues with The Rules for Disappearing and frankly I don't quite know where to begin.

Read my full review on Hopeful Happiness ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
I was sort of Meh on this read. It was well written and decent just nothing to get me to come back or want to read the next one in the series. The characters were okay and did not stick with me. After reading this I was sort of bored and ready for something new. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I enjoyed The Rules for Disappearing, but that has to be taken with this confession; I LOVE books involving people who have had to go into a Witness Protection program. I think it's because I just can't imagine leaving everything behind, and never making contact with anyone ever again.
Meg has been relocated with the rest of her family; her mom, dad and her sister, six different times, but this time she's decided that she will NOT get involved, join clubs or make friends because each time she leaves it's just too hard to leave everything behind. What she didn't count on was the persistent attention of a very attractive local boy name Ethan Landry. ( )
  JRlibrary | Dec 28, 2015 |
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

The Rules for Disappearing features teenage Witness Protected "Meg"who is trying to figure out exactly why her family needs protection, while attempting to navigate through the world of high school at her latest location. As the story unfolds we are slowly introduced to life in Witness Protection and how it affects Meg and her family. There is a mystery surrounding the reason behind their placement which causes frustration and tension between Meg, the "suits" (agents), and her parents. They are at their sixth location in less than a year and Meg vows to not get involved with anyone there. However, fellow student Ethan befriends her and soon inches his way into her life.

What I liked most about this book was how it concentrated on much more than just how this situation effected her social life. The multiple uprootings had many negative side effects to everyone in Meg's family and it is portrayed well throughout the novel.The mystery shrouding their relocation is revealed slowly and although the suspense level isn't high, it did keep your interest and make for an entertaining read. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
What do you want your name to be this time? We have about thirty minutes.
It's amazing how little people have to say for us to really know them.

High school student "Meg" has changed identities so often that she hardly knows who she is anymore, and her family is falling apart, but she knows that two of the rules of witness protection are be forgettable and do not make friends--but in her new home in Louisiana a boy named Ethan is making that difficult.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,053,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible