Cultiver l'intelligence relationnelle :…

Cultiver l'intelligence relationnelle : Comprendre et maîtriser notre…

by Julien Messu (Propriétaire)

Member:agileDSS
Title:Cultiver l'intelligence relationnelle : Comprendre et maîtriser notre relation aux autres pour vivre mieux
Authors:
Other authors:Julien Messu (Propriétaire)
Info:Pocket, Edition: POCKET, Mass Market Paperback

Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships by Daniel Goleman

English (11)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (13)
The new science of Human Relationships
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Well aside form IQ and EQ social intelligence plays a crucial role as well for any sane human being. This book has been very informative specially into the studies of human behavior and how exactly one person interacts with another. I applaud Goleman's research on neuroscience and how it has been correlated to being socially inclined to one another. Well this has been a great book, I learned a lot of useful information and at the same time how this can be helpful in being an effective social person not only for myself but almost to everyone. ( )
  Maddison18 | May 7, 2016 |
Bottom line: we are cognitively wired to connect to others; it can be healthy or poisonous.
To be reread :) ( )
  pathogenik | Feb 18, 2016 |
This is a great book that covers a lot of interesting subjects such as education, romantic love, juvenile detention centers, jails, and so much more. I will definitely be listening to it several times. ( )
  amimariscal | May 12, 2012 |
We are reading this for our All Campus Learning Community for 2010-11. I will write my review in parts. The first will be done in November, during which time we will be reading and discussing the Introduction and Part 1, Wired to Connect. ( )
  taobrarian | Nov 3, 2010 |
For the grandchildren
During the early days of the second American invasion of Iraq, a group of soldiers set out for a local mosque to contact the town's chief cleric.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055338449X, Paperback)

Emotional Intelligence was an international phenomenon, appearing on the New York Times bestseller list for over a year and selling more than five million copies worldwide. Now, once again, Daniel Goleman has written a groundbreaking synthesis of the latest findings in biology and brain science, revealing that we are “wired to connect” and the surprisingly deep impact of our relationships on every aspect of our lives.

Far more than we are consciously aware, our daily encounters with parents, spouses, bosses, and even strangers shape our brains and affect cells throughout our bodies—down to the level of our genes—for good or ill. In Social Intelligence, Daniel Goleman explores an emerging new science with startling implications for our interpersonal world. Its most fundamental discovery: we are designed for sociability, constantly engaged in a “neural ballet” that connects us brain to brain with those around us.

Our reactions to others, and theirs to us, have a far-reaching biological impact, sending out cascades of hormones that regulate everything from our hearts to our immune systems, making good relationships act like vitamins—and bad relationships like poisons. We can “catch” other people’s emotions the way we catch a cold, and the consequences of isolation or relentless social stress can be life-shortening. Goleman explains the surprising accuracy of first impressions, the basis of charisma and emotional power, the complexity of sexual attraction, and how we detect lies. He describes the “dark side” of social intelligence, from narcissism to Machiavellianism and psychopathy. He also reveals our astonishing capacity for “mindsight,” as well as the tragedy of those, like autistic children, whose mindsight is impaired.

Is there a way to raise our children to be happy? What is the basis of a nourishing marriage? How can business leaders and teachers inspire the best in those they lead and teach? How can groups divided by prejudice and hatred come to live together in peace?

The answers to these questions may not be as elusive as we once thought. And Goleman delivers his most heartening news with powerful conviction: we humans have a built-in bias toward empathy, cooperation, and altruism–provided we develop the social intelligence to nurture these capacities in ourselves and others.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:45 -0400)

Explores the nature of human relationships, finding that humans are "wired to connect," and bringing together the latest research in biology and neuroscience to reveal how one's daily encounters shape the brain and affect the body. "Humans have a built-in bias toward empathy, cooperation and altruism, provided we develop the social intelligence to nuture these capabilities in ourselves and others."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,598,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible