Black Butler, Vol. 13 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 13 (edition 2011)

by Yana Toboso

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:Gothic Fantasy, Graphic Novel

Black Butler, Volume 13 by Yana Toboso

( ' Downstairs at Black Butler ' is back in # 13 The best part ) ( )
  Baku-X | Jan 10, 2017 |
The opening is staggeringly well written, several characters get fleshed out in surprising ways, there is plenty of action but a lot less of the gore, thank goodness. And there is Grell :) If you loved the Jack the Ripper arc you are bound to enjoy this volume. That is not so much because the content is similar but because of the evocative nature of the storytelling in the first and last chapters. ( )
  aurelas | Dec 23, 2016 |
The Undertaker! My god the Undertaker! I was blindsided! It was so completely unexpected! Poor Sebastian! Finally we get to learn how their partnership came to be -Ciel and Sebastian that is. I still hate Ciel although I think I am beginning to understand him better. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This is the 13th volume in the Black Bulter series. I continue to really enjoy this series; although I don’t think this volume was quite as good as the previous one.

This volume continues the storyline of the zombie infested cruise ship. Ciel and Sebastian try and hunt down the machine that is supposed to stop these creatures...only to run into the Undertaker who has secrets of his own. We also get more of Elizabeth’s back story and get to see her awesome fighting skills. Additionally we are treated to a flashback showing how Ciel and Sebastian came to be bound.

The zombie infested cruise ship storyline continues; I love that the Undertaker is in here more...he is so creepily awesome. I also really enjoyed having Elizabeth’s story filled out some. It was also wonderful to finally see how Ciel and Sebastian came to be bound and the conditions of their relationship.

The drawing continues to be top notch and the story is creative and entertaining. I continue to really enjoy this manga series.

Overall a very well done continuation of this manga series. I continue to enjoy the drawing, the characters, and the creative plot. I would definitely recommend this series to those who are into paranormal manga.
  krau0098 | Jan 23, 2016 |
Toboso keeps the good stuff coming. I can't say this enough: Elizabeth is freaking awesome. I desperately want to see her and Ciel grown up and married, although Ciel's contract with Sebastian makes this unlikely. Between the two of them, they could probably rule England's underworld with an iron fist. I'm so happy that Ciel wasn't a jerk about Elizabeth's feelings of awkwardness over her sword-fighting skills. He actually blushed after basically telling her that he liked how capable she was.

Speaking of things I loved: the scenes of Ciel and Sebastian's early days together were great. And also a little confusing. Sebastian appeared to both hate Ciel and be charmed by him. Which I could understand, because, as vulnerable as Ciel occasionally was, he could also be a horrible, rude, spoiled jerk.

Inside back cover extra: Black Spy.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Nov 23, 2013 |

"His betrothed's unexpected skill with a sword having narrowly saved him from a gory fate at the gnashing jaws of the undead, Earl Ciel Phantomhive, along with his intrepid butler, Sebastian, fights to see another day aboard the doomed Campania. But as they draw nearer to the heart of the Aurora Society's scheme to reanimate the dead, the pair are met by the beautiful young 'Kaiser,' who holds all the keys to this mystery in the palm of his gloved hand, platinum blond locks fluttering in his wake" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,651,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible