Black Butler, Vol. 13 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 13 (edition 2011)

by Yana Toboso

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:Gothic Fantasy, Graphic Novel

Black Butler, Volume 13 by Yana Toboso

I am a loss of words. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
It's been a long time since I've reviewed a volume of Black Butler - it's been almost two years and twelve volumes since then, actually. Since then, this series has taken a whole lot of twists and turns, and it's always been fun following the adventures of Ciel and Sebastian. Lately, Black Butler has gotten a hell of a lot more bloodier than ever before. Victorian killer zombies on a doomed cruise at sea? Just another day for the Phantomhive child heir.

You can read my complete review of BLACK BUTLER 13 over at my blog, Nagareboshi Reviews: http://nagareboshi-reviews.blogspot.com/ ( )
  SarahHayes | Feb 20, 2017 |
( ' Downstairs at Black Butler ' is back in # 13 The best part ) ( )
  Baku-X | Jan 10, 2017 |
The opening is staggeringly well written, several characters get fleshed out in surprising ways, there is plenty of action but a lot less of the gore, thank goodness. And there is Grell :) If you loved the Jack the Ripper arc you are bound to enjoy this volume. That is not so much because the content is similar but because of the evocative nature of the storytelling in the first and last chapters. ( )
  aurelas | Dec 23, 2016 |
The Undertaker! My god the Undertaker! I was blindsided! It was so completely unexpected! Poor Sebastian! Finally we get to learn how their partnership came to be -Ciel and Sebastian that is. I still hate Ciel although I think I am beginning to understand him better. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |

"His betrothed's unexpected skill with a sword having narrowly saved him from a gory fate at the gnashing jaws of the undead, Earl Ciel Phantomhive, along with his intrepid butler, Sebastian, fights to see another day aboard the doomed Campania. But as they draw nearer to the heart of the Aurora Society's scheme to reanimate the dead, the pair are met by the beautiful young 'Kaiser,' who holds all the keys to this mystery in the palm of his gloved hand, platinum blond locks fluttering in his wake" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,890,489 books! | Top bar: Always visible