Black Butler, Vol. 13 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 13 (edition 2011)

by Yana Toboso

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:Gothic Fantasy, Graphic Novel

Black Butler, Volume 13 by Yana Toboso

Toboso keeps the good stuff coming. I can't say this enough: Elizabeth is freaking awesome. I desperately want to see her and Ciel grown up and married, although Ciel's contract with Sebastian makes this unlikely. Between the two of them, they could probably rule England's underworld with an iron fist. I'm so happy that Ciel wasn't a jerk about Elizabeth's feelings of awkwardness over her sword-fighting skills. He actually blushed after basically telling her that he liked how capable she was.

Speaking of things I loved: the scenes of Ciel and Sebastian's early days together were great. And also a little confusing. Sebastian appeared to both hate Ciel and be charmed by him. Which I could understand, because, as vulnerable as Ciel occasionally was, he could also be a horrible, rude, spoiled jerk.

Inside back cover extra: Black Spy.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Nov 23, 2013 |
Holy wow. This just got really intense. Another huge twist! Toboso is at it again. Plenty of action here too, in the first half of the volume. The second half of the volume was my favorite. We finally get a glimpse into the past at Ciel and Sebastian when they first meet and become Master and Butler. The artwork is still fantastic and the plot is evolving much more quickly than usual. I can't wait for the next volume. Although I've hit the point where the volumes are only out in Japan, and that means I'm almost caught up to where the story is still being told. I will have to be content then with the monthly chapter updates. :0 That will be hard I'm afraid. I've taking a huge liking to this series. Highly recommended. ( )
  Kassilem | Dec 16, 2012 |

"His betrothed's unexpected skill with a sword having narrowly saved him from a gory fate at the gnashing jaws of the undead, Earl Ciel Phantomhive, along with his intrepid butler, Sebastian, fights to see another day aboard the doomed Campania. But as they draw nearer to the heart of the Aurora Society's scheme to reanimate the dead, the pair are met by the beautiful young 'Kaiser,' who holds all the keys to this mystery in the palm of his gloved hand, platinum blond locks fluttering in his wake" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,497,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible