Black Butler, Vol. 14 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 14 (edition 2012)

by Yana Toboso

Member:Kassilem
Title:Black Butler, Vol. 14
Authors:Yana Toboso
Info:Square Enix: G Fantasy Comics (2012), Comic
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Gothic Fantasy, Graphic Novel

Black Butler, Volume 14 by Yana Toboso

Better than i could ever imagine. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
The best part of Black Butler's fourteenth volume is not the main story. Let's be real for a moment. We all know this boat is going down and everybody is dying like Yana Toboso is reenacting the Red Wedding on the water. No, for me, what makes this volume stand out from the others is our trip down memory lane through Sebastian's cinematic record, invoked thanks to a certain shinigami's scythe. It is seeing how Sebastian and Ciel became what we know them as: the Earl of Phantomhive and 'one hell of a butler'. It's an origin story that has been books and books in the making and now it is finally here and it is great.

You can read my complete review of BLACK BUTLER volume fourteen at my blog, Nagareboshi Reviews: http://nagareboshi-reviews.blogspot.com/ ( )
  SarahHayes | Feb 20, 2017 |
Sebastian, nooooo! As much as I like the Undertaker I like Sebastian more. How dare he?! Anyway those silly butlers of the queen make an appearance as does Easter. Not to mention another mystery. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This was an absolutely spectacular addition to the Black Butler series. A lot happens in this installment and I loved every bit of it.

We start out on the ship with all the ghouls; seeing the back story of how Ciel and Sebastian made their initial agreement. Sebastian’s life is actually threatened as he goes a bit dark and crazy saving Ciel. Some of the ship sinking is based on the Titanic’s story, which is kind of fun. This is a pretty intense part of this volume.

Then things lighten up (and are pretty hilarious) as the Phantomhive staff celebrates Easter. There are some pretty fun scenes in here and it was a great excuse for Lizzy to throw a party. I really enjoyed the egg hunt and how crazy manipulative the characters got with each other in an effort to win. I also enjoyed the interaction between Ciel and Lizzy; they are so sweet and honest with each other.

After that the story moves to what will be the next big plot. Ciel is enrolled at a private boys school in an effort to solve a mystery that is there. He commands Sebastian to find a way to get on campus and Sebastian does...in a big way. We only see the very start of this story and I am eager to see how it plays out in the next volume.

Overall this continues to be a very engaging and interesting manga series. I love how Toboso slowly unveils aspects of Ciel’s and Sebastian’s personalities. I also enjoy how fresh Toboso keeps the stories and how engaging and creative this series has been. I highly recommend this manga series to all paranormal manga fans out there.
  krau0098 | Feb 7, 2016 |
Campania arc ends; odd Easter story involving bunny ears and an Easter egg hunt concludes the volume.
  LibraryGirl11 | Mar 30, 2014 |

"Earl Ciel Phantomhive looks on in horror as Sebastian, his infallible manservant, is struck down by the death scythe of an unforeseen combatant. Devil though he may be, even Sebastian is not immune to the blade of a reaper's scythe. As Sebastian's cinematic record spills forth, the tale of how a devil became a butler to a little lost lord flickers to life in shades of sepia, blood, and ash...."… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,797,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible