Yer 'arbourCrewsChinwaggin'Crow's nest

Click on yer miniature to sail to Google Books.

The Lion and the Mouse by the dread pirate…
Hauling away...

The Lion and the Mouse

by the dread pirate Bernadette Watts, Aesop

CrewmatesArr! ReviewsPopulARRrityCrew sysMentions
Nought
  1. Many Nations: An Alphabet of Native America by the scurvy dog Joseph Bruchac (1997)
  2. City Mouse-Country Mouse and Two More Mouse Tales from Aesop by the scurvy dog Aesop (1970)
  3. The Three Little Pigs by the scurvy dog James Marshall (1989)
  4. Everybody Cooks Rice (Picture Books) by the scurvy dog Norah Dooley (1991)
  5. Wonderful Worms by the scurvy dog Linda Glaser (1992)
  1. The Lion and the Mouse by the scurvy dog Gail Herman (1998)
  2. Pigsty by the scurvy dog Mark Teague (1994)
  3. The Seals on the Bus by the scurvy dog Lenny Hort (2000)
  4. Mouse & Lion by the scurvy dog Rand Burkert (2011)
  5. Aesop's Fables by the scurvy dog Brad Sneed (2003)

Nought.

Hauling away...

The Lion and the Mouse
Bryan O’Keeffe

I remembered reading this book as a child and I remember the book a little bit differently. In this version of the book the Mouse helps the Lion escape from a hunter’s net. I remember the Mouse helping take out a splinter in the Lion’s paw. Regardless of the differences in the stories, I did enjoy reading this book. The writing of this book was very easy but done really well. The flow of the book was nice and went along with the pace too, I was able to breeze through this book very quickly but was still able to understand the story.
My one complaint about this book would be the illustrations. They do go with the story itself but the drawings are done very poorly and I feel do not go well with the written text. In my opinion slightly more complicated illustrations could have enhanced the story just a little bit more. The illustrations seem like a first grader made them and just take away from the story a little bit. I did like how the story was in the third person view as told by a narrator. For a children’s story the third person view always seems to be the best.
The story was eventful but I feel even when the plot had suspense and conflict, they were not stressed on enough to make the reader feel as if the Lion was struggling with conflict. Which also had to do with the fact that the characters were not made believable and were not well developed at all. You were thrown into the story without any background information or much character development. The one thing that was apparent at the end of the story was its message; “You never know when you will need the help of someone like me.”
  bokeef2 | Sep 22, 2014 |
Everyone needs to hear an Aesop fable now and then. This one is very nicely done. ( )
  mosbor | Sep 12, 2014 |
This tale shows the relationship between a lion and a mouse and teaches a lesson to the reader. The mouse by accidentally wakes the lion. The lion lets the mouse go and in return when the lion gets trapped by a netting the mouse returns to save him. The mouse proves his size doesn't matter and he can indeed save the big lion. Giving and getting is a lesson to be learned.
  Danielle_Rumsky | Dec 12, 2012 |
I rated this book a four because The Lion and the Mouse is a classic Aesop tale that teaches children about friendship and to not judge someone. Children can learn from this book that just because you are small you can do mighty things. Also, not to undermine the smaller, younger ones because you may just need them one day. This book is a classic lesson that children need to hear and would enjoy reading. It could be used to teach a lesson to school aged children. ( )
1 Say aye ChelseaGriffin | Oct 11, 2012 |
This is a classic Aesop tale with a moral that children and adults alike should take to heart. The illustrations are also delightful. I have added this to my own personal library and would tell this story to all ages.
  lhendrix9983 | Jul 7, 2012 |
no reviews | add yer opinyon

Scribbler's nameRoleType 'o authorWork?How farrr the crew's sailed
Bernadette Wattsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Aesopmain authorall editionsconfirmed
You must log in to change the stuff we be knowin'.
For more help see the stuff we be knowin' help page.
Series (with ordARR)
Wha most mateys call it
F'rst scribbled
Scallywags
Important ports
What's hap'n'in'
There be prizes!
Startin' out
What the sprogs be sayin'
Information from th' English Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to th' Piratical one.
The lion was free! He stood before the mouse and bowed his head. "Thank you, little mouse," he said. "I will never again laugh at someone weaker or smaller than myself. To repay your kindness, I promise I will always protect you."
Final flappin'
How these be diff'rent
Land lubbers
Original lingo

Nought

Tome description

"A gentle picture-book retelling with a slightly different twist. In this version

(raided from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:45 -0400)

A tiny mouse helps a mighty lion, who had once showed him mercy, escape from a trap.

Pillage Etomes Audio

PopulARR covers

How ye liked it

AvARRage: (3.9)

Yarr, is this ye?

Advice from old salts | The lowdown | Secluded cove / Rules o' engagement | Ship's log | Hoist us a signal | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Aye, 'tis the stuff we be knowin'! | Dead Men's Chests (Dead Wenches too) | Night watch | 92,794,327 tomes! | Top barrrrr: Always visible