Josey's Christmas Cookie by Sharon…

Josey's Christmas Cookie (edition 2012)

by Sharon Kleve

621,268,033 (4.75)None
Member:SRKLEVE
Title:Josey's Christmas Cookie
Authors:Sharon Kleve
Info:Books to Go Now (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:*****
Tags:Romance, Christmas, dog, vet, mourning doves

Josey's Christmas Cookie by Sharon Kleve

The author sent me this to read and review honestly. After reading the story, I encourage anyone who wants a real, feel-good Christmas story to read that is short and sweet to look no further. My only regret is that the story is not longer, so the author could develop the two main characters, Josey and Clint, further. I think this would make a wonderful longer book.

Josey is a workaholic, spending long hours at the office to keep her grief over losing her parents in an accident at bay. Clint is a handsome veterinarian Josey meets at the animal rescue center when she gets her lovable dog Cookie. Both are two lost souls searching for something neither really knows or admits: a significant other they can love and treasure who will love and treasure them in return. There are two other characters in the story, two doves, who, though they are not featured as prominently as the others, lend a wonderful element to the story. These two live at Josey’s house and kibitz between themselves to figure out how to get the couple together or at least help them find what they are missing. They added, as I said, a fantastic element to the story. This has made me wonder, as did another reviewer, just what the many birds who hang around my house are saying about me and/or my husband and our lives.

The main character/ingredient in this story is Cookie, named appropriately, as you will find out in the story when you read it, who is the catalyst who brings Josey and Clint together. I love dogs, and was completely taken in by this dog, who had already suffered a severe trauma before ending up with animal rescue. The story is rather short, so I cannot go into much detail without revealing more than I already have. I can only tell you that I absolutely loved the story, read it in one sitting and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, happily-ever-after romance that will bring the holiday spirit (or a feel-good spirit, for anyone reading it at another time) right home to you. If I could give it more than five stars I would. ( )
  KMT01 | Dec 17, 2015 |
This was a charming Christmas novella which was great read.
Josey has had a tough year, if losing both her parents wasn't bad enough, when she turned to the man who she loved and thought loved her in return turned his back on her and left. Her sister suggest she should consider adopting a pet for company and to ease her depression. Here enters Cookie, a loveable, drooling dog who has lost his owners and a handsome veterinarian, Clint.

This story brought a smile to my face, I loved Cookie and the mourning doves. Thank you. ( )
  JulieD2 | Dec 14, 2015 |

Sharon Kleve is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,175,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible